Help With Windows Movie Maker 6 for Vista Please!

The Patriot

Help With Windows Movie Maker 6 for Vista Please!
Hello,
I am currently working on my first video project using Movie Maker 6.
After spending hours this week putting together images and sound effects, I
opened the project this morning in horror and saw that ALL of the wav and wma
sound files now have a "RED X" icon instead of a "HORN" or note "ICON" and
none of my sound file will play when I play the movie. I'm guessing the sound
files have become disassociated from Windows Media Player. How do I correct
this and how do I prevent it from happening in the future?
John Inzer

Re: Help With Windows Movie Maker 6 for Vista Please!
The Patriot wrote:
> Hello,
> I am currently working on my first video project using Movie
> Maker 6. After spending hours this week putting together images and
> sound effects, I opened the project this morning in horror and saw
> that ALL of the wav and wma sound files now have a "RED X" icon
> instead of a "HORN" or note "ICON" and none of my sound file will
> play when I play the movie. I'm guessing the sound files have become
> disassociated from Windows Media Player. How do I correct this and
> how do I prevent it from happening in the future?

==================================
The Movie Maker .mswmm project file does not
include the source files...it just records the path to
the original locations.

If the source files are moved, deleted or otherwise
unavailable...you will see the Red Xs.

If the source files are still available...try right clicking
the Red Xs and browse to the source files to see if
you can re-establish the path.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

pacinitaly

John Inzer;1106958 Wrote:
> The Patriot wrote:> > >
> > > Hello,
> > > I am currently working on my first video project using Movie
> > > Maker 6. After spending hours this week putting together images and
> > > sound effects, I opened the project this morning in horror and saw
> > > that ALL of the wav and wma sound files now have a "RED X" icon
> > > instead of a "HORN" or note "ICON" and none of my sound file will
> > > play when I play the movie. I'm guessing the sound files have become
> > > disassociated from Windows Media Player. How do I correct this and
> > > how do I prevent it from happening in the future? > >

> ==================================
> The Movie Maker .mswmm project file does not
> include the source files...it just records the path to
> the original locations.
>
> If the source files are moved, deleted or otherwise
> unavailable...you will see the Red Xs.
>
> If the source files are still available...try right clicking
> the Red Xs and browse to the source files to see if
> you can re-establish the path.
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

right on John

--
pacinitaly

SpellCherkers aren't worth a shirt ya no

If I helped you, please tip my scales. If I have not, curse me out like
a drunken sailor