Prefer .wma For Recording

bridgebrokencondor

Prefer .wma For Recording
I've dug a little deeper since yesterday and thought about the future uses to
which I might wish to put direct recordings. So-----can anyone steer me
towards some simplistic software for recording .wma files - 192kbit/s
preferred.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Brian
--
eP00 (double zero) ------------------------Red Rock Cider - it isn''t red
and it doesn''t have rocks in it.
John Inzer

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
bridgebrokencondor wrote:
> I've dug a little deeper since yesterday and thought about the future
> uses to which I might wish to put direct recordings. So-----can
> anyone steer me towards some simplistic software for recording .wma
> files - 192kbit/s preferred.
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
>
> Brian

====================================
Maybe the following info will get you started:

Windows Media Encoder
http://tinyurl.com/bbal
or...

Using The Windows Media Encoder To Record Speech
http://tinyurl.com/mt8x2g
or
http://online.worcester.edu/external...aEnco der.pdf

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

bridgebrokencondor

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
Thanks, John.

WME9 looks promising. I'll wait until my head stops spinning before I give
it a whirl - I've been bamboozled by Audacity for a couple of hours.

Brian
--
iP00

"John Inzer" wrote:

> bridgebrokencondor wrote:
> > I've dug a little deeper since yesterday and thought about the future
> > uses to which I might wish to put direct recordings. So-----can
> > anyone steer me towards some simplistic software for recording .wma
> > files - 192kbit/s preferred.
> >
> > XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
> >
> > Brian

> ====================================
> Maybe the following info will get you started:
>
> Windows Media Encoder
> http://tinyurl.com/bbal
> or...
>
> Using The Windows Media Encoder To Record Speech
> http://tinyurl.com/mt8x2g
> or
> http://online.worcester.edu/external...aEnco der.pdf
>

> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
bridgebrokencondor wrote:
> Thanks, John.
>
> WME9 looks promising. I'll wait until my head stops spinning before
> I give it a whirl - I've been bamboozled by Audacity for a couple of
> hours.
>
> Brian

======================================
Audacity does not support .wma files.

See the following article:

Audacity Features:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

brikendor

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
Uninstalling Audacity!
--
P00

"John Inzer" wrote:

> bridgebrokencondor wrote:
> > Thanks, John.
> >
> > WME9 looks promising. I'll wait until my head stops spinning before
> > I give it a whirl - I've been bamboozled by Audacity for a couple of
> > hours.
> >
> > Brian

> ======================================
> Audacity does not support .wma files.
>
> See the following article:
>
> Audacity Features:
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

brikendor

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
Thanks again, John. WME9 seems not to have a recording facility. Having
reviewed what is available (in my price range) I think I might experiment
with Windows Sound Recorder, recording .wav files from analogue sources and
copying them to audio CD.
--
P00

"brikendor" wrote:

> Uninstalling Audacity!
> --
> P00
>

> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
> > bridgebrokencondor wrote:
> > > Thanks, John.
> > >
> > > WME9 looks promising. I'll wait until my head stops spinning before
> > > I give it a whirl - I've been bamboozled by Audacity for a couple of
> > > hours.
> > >
> > > Brian

> > ======================================
> > Audacity does not support .wma files.
> >
> > See the following article:
> >
> > Audacity Features:
> > http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features
> >
> > --
> >
> > J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > Digital Media Experience
> >
> > Notice
> > This is not tech support
> > I am a volunteer
> >
> > Solutions that work for
> > me may not work for you
> >
> > Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
brikendor wrote:
> Thanks again, John. WME9 seems not to have a recording facility.
> Having reviewed what is available (in my price range) I think I might
> experiment with Windows Sound Recorder, recording .wav files from
> analogue sources and copying them to audio CD.

Windows Sound Recorder might work for you but I'm
wondering if you read the article I posted in my previous
reply. And BTW....Windows Media Encoder is free.

Hae a look:

Using The Windows Media Encoder To Record Speech
http://tinyurl.com/mt8x2g
or
http://online.worcester.edu/external...aEnco der.pdf

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

brikendor

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
I had overlooked your second suggestion thinking that voice recording was of
little interest to me. I'll give it a try when I wake up.
--
P00 (2 x 0 = 0)

"John Inzer" wrote:

> brikendor wrote:
> > Thanks again, John. WME9 seems not to have a recording facility.
> > Having reviewed what is available (in my price range) I think I might
> > experiment with Windows Sound Recorder, recording .wav files from
> > analogue sources and copying them to audio CD.

> Windows Sound Recorder might work for you but I'm
> wondering if you read the article I posted in my previous
> reply. And BTW....Windows Media Encoder is free.
>
> Hae a look:
>
> Using The Windows Media Encoder To Record Speech
> http://tinyurl.com/mt8x2g
> or
> http://online.worcester.edu/external...aEnco der.pdf
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

brikendor

Re: Prefer .wma For Recording
YES. This looks like the very thing I need. My thanks once again.
--
P00 - wash hands before touching food.