Movie Maker publishing playback problems

Location: San Jose, CA USA
haiku2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Movie Maker publishing playback problems
I am using MM 6 on a Vista machine. I put together a movie from various WMV files and various MPG files. Using the DV-AVI output format, it published and played well on the computer and on a DVD (using DVD Flick). Then I tried to split the video and add additional JPG images. They playback fine in MM, but using VLC media player to play the AVI output file, there is stuttering and pausing of the audio/video on the transitions for some of the JPG images. The problem dramatically gets worse when a DVD is made using DVD Flick at the "Best" settings. Again, it is associated with transitions to and/or from the JPGs and videos. Any ideas how to correct this?
John Inzer

Re: Movie Maker publishing playback problems
haiku2 wrote:
> I am using MM 6 on a Vista machine. I put together a movie from
> various WMV files and various MPG files. Using the DV-AVI output
> format, it published and played well on the computer and on a DVD
> (using DVD Flick). Then I tried to split the video and add additional
> JPG images. They playback fine in MM, but using VLC media player to
> play the AVI output file, there is stuttering and pausing of the
> audio/video on the transitions for some of the JPG images. The
> problem dramatically gets worse when a DVD is made using DVD Flick at
> the "Best" settings. Again, it is associated with transitions to
> and/or from the JPGs and videos. Any ideas how to correct this?

====================================
Truth is...projects that get too large and complex
have a tendency to cause issues.

I suspect the issue is caused by the format of the
still shots and/or the transitions. I think I would begin
by removing the treansitions.

As a general rule in Movie Maker...bmp is a better
format for still images than .jpg. and if you are
adding additional music...wma or .wav...are better
choices than .mp3.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Location: San Jose, CA USA
haiku2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Movie Maker publishing playback problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inzer View Post
haiku2 wrote:
> I am using MM 6 on a Vista machine. I put together a movie from
> various WMV files and various MPG files. Using the DV-AVI output
> format, it published and played well on the computer and on a DVD
> (using DVD Flick). Then I tried to split the video and add additional
> JPG images. They playback fine in MM, but using VLC media player to
> play the AVI output file, there is stuttering and pausing of the
> audio/video on the transitions for some of the JPG images. The
> problem dramatically gets worse when a DVD is made using DVD Flick at
> the "Best" settings. Again, it is associated with transitions to
> and/or from the JPGs and videos. Any ideas how to correct this?
====================================
Truth is...projects that get too large and complex
have a tendency to cause issues.

I suspect the issue is caused by the format of the
still shots and/or the transitions. I think I would begin
by removing the treansitions.

As a general rule in Movie Maker...bmp is a better
format for still images than .jpg. and if you are
adding additional music...wma or .wav...are better
choices than .mp3.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
Thanks for your reply. I did try reformating the JPGs into BMP and removing all transitions, but this did not help.?
bridgebrokencondor

Re: Movie Maker publishing playback problems
Thanks, John.
--
Son of my fat-her and mot-her