Re-record over a CD -R or DVD-R

Ted

Re-record over a CD -R or DVD-R
Hi, I'm not to au fait with the ins and outs of media player yet. I have a
new pc and can burn music using media player but can't re-record over it
again. I drill down to the drive that the CD is on and try and format it to
clear it. But the tick box is greyed out and so I can't. I've looked on
Tools, Options, Rip music, Copy Protect Music and there is no tick in the
box, it's clear.
I'm sure it must be a snip to fix this but I'm stumped on it myelf.
Can someone give me a heads up please? Thanks!

Joan Archer

Re: Re-record over a CD -R or DVD-R
You cannot do it on one of those not too sure of the technology but once you
burn to a CD-R that's it it is a once only operation. If you want to keep
using a CD or DVD you have to use a RW type disc and have the necessary
drive and software to be able to write to that type of disc.
Hope that helps you.
--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

"Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm not to au fait with the ins and outs of media player yet. I have
> new pc and can burn music using media player but can't re-record over it
> again. I drill down to the drive that the CD is on and try and format it
> clear it. But the tick box is greyed out and so I can't. I've looked on
> Tools, Options, Rip music, Copy Protect Music and there is no tick in the
> box, it's clear.
> I'm sure it must be a snip to fix this but I'm stumped on it myelf.
> Can someone give me a heads up please? Thanks!

> signature database 4295 (20090731) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4295 (20090731) __________

http://www.eset.com