mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert

Earthkanu

mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert

My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
Vista Hm
Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
junk
for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.

I googled, read many forums incl. this 1 & find 1000s of users have
same
problem. So far, no successful solution. Some claim to have codecs,
updates,
other fixes but downloaders all complain of buffer overruns, lost
audio, poor
quality, or just don't work in Vista, incl. Creator V10.

Microsoft needs to bite the Apple (bullet) & make a deal with Quicktime
get a conversion program that WORKS in Vista as "fix" so we can use
this
over-priced, ego-inflated, misrepresented OS to "Access your music,
videos
and photos" as it claims on the front of my PC. I feel like I was
scammed by
ads and salesmen when I bought PC last year.

Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
possible to
get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
just
want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
money for!

Thanking you

--
Earthkanu

'small ****' (http://www.****o-arena.com/big****.shtml) 'Rakeback in
Full Tilt Poker' (http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/rakeback/ )
Earthkanu's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=12369
View this thread: http://camcorderanswers.com/showthread.php?t=9499

http://camcorderanswers.com

brikendor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
My Kodak Eastman cheapy takes reasonable quality HD video clips using the
..mov file extension. I have no problem importing them to Windows Movie
Maker. I found a clue to the solution in one of the Windows discussion
group pages, but I can't remember which one. I do remember the poster had
an unusual surname - Grrrrrrrrrrr- but I can't be sure of the spelling.

"Earthkanu" <Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote in
message news:Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com...

> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
> Vista Hm
> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
> junk
> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
>
> I googled, read many forums incl. this 1 & find 1000s of users have
> same
> problem. So far, no successful solution. Some claim to have codecs,
> updates,
> other fixes but downloaders all complain of buffer overruns, lost
> audio, poor
> quality, or just don't work in Vista, incl. Creator V10.
>
> Microsoft needs to bite the Apple (bullet) & make a deal with Quicktime
> get a conversion program that WORKS in Vista as "fix" so we can use
> this
> over-priced, ego-inflated, misrepresented OS to "Access your music,
> videos
> and photos" as it claims on the front of my PC. I feel like I was
> scammed by
> ads and salesmen when I bought PC last year.
>
> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
> possible to
> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
> just
> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
> money for!
>

> Thanking you
>

> --
> Earthkanu
>
> 'small ****' (http://www.****o-arena.com/big****.shtml) 'Rakeback in
> Full Tilt Poker' (http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/rakeback/ )
> Earthkanu's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=12369
> View this thread: http://camcorderanswers.com/showthread.php?t=9499
>
> http://camcorderanswers.com

brikendor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
With all the expensive equipment and software you've purchased, don't you
think it would be sensible to buy QTPro?

"brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> My Kodak Eastman cheapy takes reasonable quality HD video clips using the
> .mov file extension. I have no problem importing them to Windows Movie
> Maker. I found a clue to the solution in one of the Windows discussion
> group pages, but I can't remember which one. I do remember the poster had
> an unusual surname - Grrrrrrrrrrr- but I can't be sure of the spelling.
>
> "Earthkanu" <Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote in
> message news:Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com...
>>
>> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
>> Vista Hm
>> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
>> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
>> junk
>> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
>>
>> I googled, read many forums incl. this 1 & find 1000s of users have
>> same
>> problem. So far, no successful solution. Some claim to have codecs,
>> updates,
>> other fixes but downloaders all complain of buffer overruns, lost
>> audio, poor
>> quality, or just don't work in Vista, incl. Creator V10.
>>
>> Microsoft needs to bite the Apple (bullet) & make a deal with Quicktime
>> get a conversion program that WORKS in Vista as "fix" so we can use
>> this
>> over-priced, ego-inflated, misrepresented OS to "Access your music,
>> videos
>> and photos" as it claims on the front of my PC. I feel like I was
>> scammed by
>> ads and salesmen when I bought PC last year.
>>
>> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
>> possible to
>> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
>> just
>> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
>> money for!
>>

>> Thanking you
>>

>> --
>> Earthkanu
>>
>> 'small ****' (http://www.****o-arena.com/big****.shtml) 'Rakeback in
>> Full Tilt Poker' (http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/rakeback/ )
>> Earthkanu's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=12369
>> View this thread: http://camcorderanswers.com/showthread.php?t=9499
>>
>> http://camcorderanswers.com

66monks

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
The .mov file extension and its associated codec is the intellectual property
of Apple Inc. Its unauthorised use constitutes theft. Microsoft is not
among those who flout copyright laws.

Your vituperative would be more appropriately directed against those camera
manufacturers who adopt this container format. They might rightly argue that
their choice has a slightly superior technical edge over others and as such
represents the best value for money for their customers.
--
Victor Mel True

"brikendor" wrote:

> With all the expensive equipment and software you've purchased, don't you
> think it would be sensible to buy QTPro?
>
> "brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > My Kodak Eastman cheapy takes reasonable quality HD video clips using the
> > .mov file extension. I have no problem importing them to Windows Movie
> > Maker. I found a clue to the solution in one of the Windows discussion
> > group pages, but I can't remember which one. I do remember the poster had
> > an unusual surname - Grrrrrrrrrrr- but I can't be sure of the spelling.
> >
> > "Earthkanu" <Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote in
> > message news:Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com...
> >>
> >> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
> >> Vista Hm
> >> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
> >> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
> >> junk
> >> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
> >>
> >> I googled, read many forums incl. this 1 & find 1000s of users have
> >> same
> >> problem. So far, no successful solution. Some claim to have codecs,
> >> updates,
> >> other fixes but downloaders all complain of buffer overruns, lost
> >> audio, poor
> >> quality, or just don't work in Vista, incl. Creator V10.
> >>
> >> Microsoft needs to bite the Apple (bullet) & make a deal with Quicktime
> >> get a conversion program that WORKS in Vista as "fix" so we can use
> >> this
> >> over-priced, ego-inflated, misrepresented OS to "Access your music,
> >> videos
> >> and photos" as it claims on the front of my PC. I feel like I was
> >> scammed by
> >> ads and salesmen when I bought PC last year.
> >>
> >> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
> >> possible to
> >> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
> >> just
> >> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
> >> money for!
> >>

> >> Thanking you
> >>

> >> --
> >> Earthkanu
> >>
> >> 'small ****' (http://www.****o-arena.com/big****.shtml) 'Rakeback in
> >> Full Tilt Poker' (http://www.rakeback.com/full-tilt-poker/rakeback/ )
> >> Earthkanu's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=12369
> >> View this thread: http://camcorderanswers.com/showthread.php?t=9499
> >>
> >> http://camcorderanswers.com

bridgebrokencondor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
What idiot is going to spend $29.99 when you can download a free codec pack
--
Son of my fat-her and mot-her

"66monks" wrote:

> The .mov file extension and its associated codec is the intellectual property
> of Apple Inc. Its unauthorised use constitutes theft. Microsoft is not
> among those who flout copyright laws.
>
> Your vituperative would be more appropriately directed against those camera
> manufacturers who adopt this container format. They might rightly argue that
> their choice has a slightly superior technical edge over others and as such
> represents the best value for money for their customers.
> --
> Victor Mel True
>

> "brikendor" wrote:
>
> > With all the expensive equipment and software you've purchased, don't you
> > think it would be sensible to buy QTPro?
> >
> > "brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > > My Kodak Eastman cheapy takes reasonable quality HD video clips using the
> > > .mov file extension. I have no problem importing them to Windows Movie
> > > Maker. I found a clue to the solution in one of the Windows discussion
> > > group pages, but I can't remember which one. I do remember the poster had
> > > an unusual surname - Grrrrrrrrrrr- but I can't be sure of the spelling.
> > >
> > > "Earthkanu" <Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote in
> > > message news:Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com...

brikendor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
One who tries to avoid breaking the law.

"66monks" <66monks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The .mov file extension and its associated codec is the intellectual
> property
> of Apple Inc. Its unauthorised use constitutes theft. Microsoft is not
> among those who flout copyright laws.
>
> Your vituperative would be more appropriately directed against those
> camera
> manufacturers who adopt this container format. They might rightly argue
> that
> their choice has a slightly superior technical edge over others and as
> such
> represents the best value for money for their customers.
> --
> Victor Mel True
>

> "brikendor" wrote:
>
>> With all the expensive equipment and software you've purchased, don't you
>> think it would be sensible to buy QTPro?
>>
>> "brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> > My Kodak Eastman cheapy takes reasonable quality HD video clips using
>> > the
>> > .mov file extension. I have no problem importing them to Windows
>> > Movie
>> > Maker. I found a clue to the solution in one of the Windows discussion
>> > group pages, but I can't remember which one. I do remember the poster
>> > had
>> > an unusual surname - Grrrrrrrrrrr- but I can't be sure of the spelling.
>> >
>> > "Earthkanu" <Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote
>> > in
>> > message news:Earthkanu.3w2sya@no-mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com...

Justin

Earthkanu wrote:
> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
> Vista Hm
> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
> junk
> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
>
> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
> possible to
> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
> just
> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
> money for!
>

> Thanking you

There are freeware converters out there; you just have to search.
brikendor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
It would also be JUST as well to check the comments IN the customer feedback
pages, if available. I spent the 4th of July 2008 doing just that and came
to the conclusion that some of these free enterprise (covers a multitude of
sins) offerings weren't worth a pile of shirt. Also, you can never be sure
that the seeming attractiveness of a freebie doesn't conceal malware.

"Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> Earthkanu wrote:
>> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
>> Vista Hm
>> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
>> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
>> junk
>> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
>>
>> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
>> possible to
>> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
>> just
>> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
>> money for!
>>

>> Thanking you
>>

> There are freeware converters out there; you just have to search.

brikendor

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
John Inzer asked "How do you import an Apple QuickTime .mov into Movie Maker
without conversion?" This is how I did it (over a year ago - so my
descriptive may be a little hazy in places).

i) download QTPlayer to obtain .mov codec legitimately

ii) download K-Lite codec pack taking care to install nothing but generic
MPEG4 The reason for this is to enable WMP to play .mov files (albeit
without audio - you get the same result if you do try to download audio
codecs)

iii) connect camera or insert SD card.

iv) select view using PhotoGallery

v) whilst playing (badly), select Make a Movie

Hey presto.

The audio stream IS repeat IS present (the file extension is, I believe,
PCM) and, if required, can be converted. I use "Free Video Converter" by
Kyotesoft. The audio track can then be added to the video track in WMM.

The resulting a/v file, once saved can be re-worked in WMM.

The usual caveats apply.

> It would also be JUST as well to check the comments IN the customer
> feedback pages, if available. I spent the 4th of July 2008 doing just
> that and came to the conclusion that some of these free enterprise (covers
> a multitude of sins) offerings weren't worth a pile of shirt. Also, you
> can never be sure that the seeming attractiveness of a freebie doesn't
> conceal malware.
>
> "Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
>> Earthkanu wrote:
>>> My Olympus FE190 & Nikon cameras use .mov video format. My HPm7750n
>>> Vista Hm
>>> Premium OS w/media cntr pkg (WMP, WMC, NVIDIA 6150LE, WMM 6.0.6, Muvee
>>> Autoproducer 5.0, Creator Basic V9-Roxio) all totally useless pieces of
>>> junk
>>> for videos because none use .mov files and Vista can't convert.
>>>
>>> Anybody else out there interested in complaining on every forum
>>> possible to
>>> get Microsoft moving on a solution? Is MS already working on this? I
>>> just
>>> want to be able to make movies and use the features I paid lots of
>>> money for!
>>>

>>> Thanking you
>>>

>> There are freeware converters out there; you just have to search.

PapaJohn

Re: mov videos don't work in Vista, can't convert
I can understand how that less-traveled path can get you there.
Interesting!!

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org