DJW Computers Employs Half-Wit

brikendor

DJW Computers Employs Half-Wit
Apart from the usual crowd of potential cyber-terrorists does anyone
actually read posts in this discussion group any more. The constant barrage
of junk mail makes it difficult to navigate, and this may perhaps deter some
subscribers from perusing posts and discovering some very useful nuggets of
information on top of the specific answer they are searching for.

Speaking for myself only, I have received abundant help from MVPs and
numerous others ( it would be invidious to list their names but I'm sure
they know who they are).

I bought my first computer a little over a year ago and since then my
knowledge has increased to the extent that I feel confident enough to make
a promotional video for a charitable project I'm about to start work on.
I'm not worried if my confidence turns out to be misplaced - I know exactly
whom to call for professional assistance if necessary.

Can't Microsoft do something to block these junk posts, which must surely be
of no interest to members of this discussion group?

PapaJohn

Re: DJW Computers Employs Half-Wit
I read your post and others that come in during the day (Eastern Time) but
do a mass 'Catch Up' without reading the wave of SPAM that comes in each
night. This particular newsgroup is the worst of the bunch, at least of
those I subscribe to.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

"brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Apart from the usual crowd of potential cyber-terrorists does anyone
> actually read posts in this discussion group any more. The constant
> barrage of junk mail makes it difficult to navigate, and this may perhaps
> deter some subscribers from perusing posts and discovering some very
> useful nuggets of information on top of the specific answer they are
> searching for.
>
> Speaking for myself only, I have received abundant help from MVPs and
> numerous others ( it would be invidious to list their names but I'm sure
> they know who they are).
>
> I bought my first computer a little over a year ago and since then my
> knowledge has increased to the extent that I feel confident enough to
> make a promotional video for a charitable project I'm about to start work
> on. I'm not worried if my confidence turns out to be misplaced - I know
> exactly whom to call for professional assistance if necessary.
>
> Can't Microsoft do something to block these junk posts, which must surely
> be of no interest to members of this discussion group?

Dave Warren

Re: DJW Computers Employs Half-Wit
In message <eSwvwHjDKHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> "PapaJohn"
<PapaJohn@Chartermi.net> was claimed to have wrote:

>I read your post and others that come in during the day (Eastern Time) but
>do a mass 'Catch Up' without reading the wave of SPAM that comes in each
>night. This particular newsgroup is the worst of the bunch, at least of
>those I subscribe to.

You might want to go back and read my post before passing judgment.

brikendor was whining in the .music_pictures_video group that "Vista is
too unstable for use" because the news client that he installed (not
even the one included with Vista) wasn't maintaining his newsgroup
subscription list.

I suggested that he learn the difference between applications and
operating systems AND I pointed him in the right direction for help.

That's not spam (and definitely not SPAM, which is a meat byproduct made
by Hormel, and the word SPAM is a trademark owned by the same), and I
was even relatively polite about it, despite the fact that he was taking
shots at Vista without any cause.
brikendor

Re: DJW Computers Employs Half-Wit
You were downright offensive and deliberately so - have you never read
Microsoft's "Netiquette guidelines"?

You are obviously semi-literate. Otherwise you would know that in the
English language ( a "high level" language) the past particle perfect of the
verb, "write" is "written". I can hardly imagine what kind of mess you
would make of coding in a "low level" language.

You spouted out your temper tirade based on your misinterpretation of my
first sentence without bothering to read the second sentence. Is this the
usual way that your company sets about meeting its customers' requirements?

Perhaps WORST OF ALL your apparent total lack of appreciation of the
rudiments of computer security may risk possible commercial damage to your
company. May God forbid this. But in view of of the current global
economic recession many businesses may want to re-assess the value of their
commercial associates.

I have already said much more than I would have wished. I hope others will
make informative contributions to this thread. Forums such as this
demonstrate that freedom of speech is not only allowed but is positively
encouraged for the betterment of all. Don't let it become a case of "use it
or lose it" - once it's gone it often stays that way.

And now, if you all will please excuse me, I have a funeral to attend - my
mother died recently.