Full Screen Slide Show

Bonnie.

Full Screen Slide Show
I'm having a problem with the slide show feature in picture gallery, as well
as the slide show functionality of the screen saver. My monitor is a HP 22"
widescreen monitor. If I view the pictures as a slide show within Media
Center, they appear fine, however if I view them as a slideshow through
photogallery or as my screen saver setting, the left 2 - 3 inches of the
monitor is a black bar - it's as though the monitor is a standard screen not
a wide screen. When the slide show begins the monitor does display 'Input
signal out of range Change settings to (1680 x 1050 - 60 hz). I have checked
my display resolution & it is set to what is noted above. The only time I
have this problem is with the slide show - other programs open up fine as a
wide screen setting.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem. I would really like to use
the slide show function in Photo gallery, but I don't want my pics cropped &
off center.

Thanks in advance.
Herb Senz

Input signal out of range
Hi Bonni....

Mine was working fine until yesterday, then got the identical "input signal out of range" symptoms with slideshow as you did. Also, I have the identical HP 22 inch monitor.

Were you able to solve the problem? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

Herb

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Bonnie.

RE: Input signal out of range
Hi Herb,

My only solution to the problem was to get a new video card (was planning on
upgrading anyways). Interestingly enough, when I was trying to problem solve
I went to a best buy computer store & tested a bunch of the HP computers they
had on display... any computer that had a VGA only video card had the same
problem with the slide show, those that were DVI worked fine. My new video
card (NVIDIA 7900) is DVI only & works fine.

Not sure why yours was working fine, now its not.

"Herb Senz" wrote:

> Hi Bonni....
>
> Mine was working fine until yesterday, then got the identical "input signal out of range" symptoms with slideshow as you did. Also, I have the identical HP 22 inch monitor.
>
> Were you able to solve the problem? I'd appreciate any help I can get.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Herb

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

JW

Re: Input signal out of range
Does using restore point to go back to before the problem occurred solve the
problem?
If yes have you accepted any driver updates using WinUpdate recently? If
yes have you tried installing the latest graphics driver for your
system/monitor from the HP Website?