Internet Radio Station Aftermath

brikendor

Internet Radio Station Aftermath
I am an MP3 virgin but I foresee that I will need to use it. I found that a
particular internet radio station was very efficient at interrogating the
databases of Amazon (et alia), thus saving time and frustration.

Foolishly (having already discovered that the website link could not be
copied and pasted in my browser) I downloaded the station software without
first setting a restore point. Shortly afterwards I decided to dispense
with it. Windows couldn't uninstall it for the stated reason that the
program was running - spyware maybe?

Fortuitously Windows Update had automatically set a restore point a few
hours earlier, and I used this to obviate the offending software. I am now
left with the loose end of reinstalling the bypassed Windows Updates and I'm
unsure how to proceed. If someone would be kind enough to advise me, I'll
promise not to be so hasty in future

brikendor

Re: Internet Radio Station Aftermath
I ask because I found myself in a similar situation a few months ago
following the automatic Update to Service Pack 1. My machine developed
hiccoughs and, finding no apparent reason for it, I restored to the
pre-Update point. However, the hiccoughs persisted, and I subsequently
found and corrected the cause of the problem.

BUT all attempts to download SP1 from the Microsoft site failed - presumably
because the Updates listed on my machine continued to show that SP1 had been
successfully installed.