Windows DVD Maker Error

boomersooner48

Windows DVD Maker Error
I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?
quake chick

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
update your nero to the vista version!

This has helped others....

"boomersooner48" wrote:

> I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows DVD Maker Error

What file type are you trying to burn?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"boomersooner48" <boomersooner48@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and
> the
> reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

JoeKennned

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
I have the exact same problem, did upgrading your nero version help?
What's the relationship with nero to Vista that stops DVD Maker from working?
Any suggestions as to how to fix this thing would be well appreciated.

"boomersooner48" wrote:

> I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

Jensen Denmark

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
I also have this problem. It manages to encode 0.7% every time. I don't have
nero installed, and it seems to be in the encoding process, it fails, not in
the burning process. Meaning an internal "Windows DVD Maker"-error. I have a
new desktop with Vista and "Windows DVD Maker" preinstalled. Help needed!
Probably from Microsoft!

"boomersooner48" wrote:

> I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

Jensen Denmark

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
I have found a solution! I got the "unspecified error" message because I had
included still photos larger than the screen size. I reduced the size of the
photos (not the quality), so they matched the video screen size (720x576).
And then I could create the DVD! Hope it works for you too.

"boomersooner48" wrote:

> I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

Around

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
I have found a solution! I got the "unspecified error" message because I had
included still photos with effect and this crash the DVD MENU. Use only
still photos with transition, larger size is not a problem for my case. How
can I disable the menu creation?

"Jensen Denmark" wrote:

> I have found a solution! I got the "unspecified error" message because I had
> included still photos larger than the screen size. I reduced the size of the
> photos (not the quality), so they matched the video screen size (720x576).
> And then I could create the DVD! Hope it works for you too.
>
> "boomersooner48" wrote:
>
> > I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> > about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> > reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

Around

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
More details on my case: I use Windows Movie Maker with pictures + effects +
transitions + audio and when I publishing to DVD start Windows DVD Maker
and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD"; if I do not use
effects all work fine

"Around" wrote:

> I have found a solution! I got the "unspecified error" message because I had
> included still photos with effect and this crash the DVD MENU. Use only
> still photos with transition, larger size is not a problem for my case. How
> can I disable the menu creation?
>
> "Jensen Denmark" wrote:
>
> > I have found a solution! I got the "unspecified error" message because I had
> > included still photos larger than the screen size. I reduced the size of the
> > photos (not the quality), so they matched the video screen size (720x576).
> > And then I could create the DVD! Hope it works for you too.
> >
> > "boomersooner48" wrote:
> >
> > > I got it all set up and ready to burn. But when i click burn it encodes to
> > > about .1% and then gives me an error that say "Cannot create the DVD" and the
> > > reason is "Unspecified error" anyone get this or know how to fix it?

Around

RE: Windows DVD Maker Error
I found the error in windows movie maker: when save the project with other
name all the link to the imported object is lost. After create a new project
use only save and not save as. If you reload a corrupted project you can see
the story board at the bottom of the screen but if you play it at the rigth
screen you see black screen. So when Windows DVD Maker start it go in ERROR
for the lost link to the object. Now all work fine for me, also the effects.