Please help, need advice on publishing image folders to web

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=

Please help, need advice on publishing image folders to web
In XP if you viewed folders with the Common Folder Tasks pane showing, there
was an option to publish all the images in a folder (or any of them) to
proprietary image-hosting sites like Vendio.

I used this daily to upload photos for eBay and other places where I earn my
living.

This has now vanished (in my Home Basic edition, at least) and I can't seem
to find any help on this issue. It means an extra hour of work each day
painstakingly uploading images one at a time.

I feel Microsoft really let customers down on this, I cannot understand why
it was removed with no explanation or assistance in Help.

Can anyone give me a solution?

Thanks!

Marius
=?Utf-8?B?SmFub3NjaCBVbG1lcg==?=

RE: Please help, need advice on publishing image folders to web
From a technically point of view the "Internet Printing" Feature is the same
thing - it's just renamed. But to publish your pictures to a specific
website, you have to integrate your vendor/service into this 'new' internet
printing service, meaning the vendor has to provide a plugin that offers
'printing' pictures to specific stores - the old XP-plugin most probably
won't work.
Internet Printing is available within Windows Photo Gallery (just choose the
pictures you need and click on the arrow beneath print to choose internet
printing.

I think the feature was renamed because no one used it for web publishing
anymore (Most people that do this use professional web authoring apps), but
there was a need for easy way of ordering of pictures via the Internet - so
they wanted to give this feature a new purpose.

"Marius" wrote:

> In XP if you viewed folders with the Common Folder Tasks pane showing, there
> was an option to publish all the images in a folder (or any of them) to
> proprietary image-hosting sites like Vendio.
>
> I used this daily to upload photos for eBay and other places where I earn my
> living.
>

> This has now vanished (in my Home Basic edition, at least) and I can't seem
> to find any help on this issue. It means an extra hour of work each day
> painstakingly uploading images one at a time.
>
> I feel Microsoft really let customers down on this, I cannot understand why
> it was removed with no explanation or assistance in Help.
>
> Can anyone give me a solution?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Marius

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=

RE: Please help, need advice on publishing image folders to web
Thank you so much! This feature may have been little used by general users
but for internet auction hosting sites, which do not allow direct uploads, it
is still invaluable.

So grateful for your help, thanks again!

Marius

"Janosch Ulmer" wrote:

> From a technically point of view the "Internet Printing" Feature is the same
> thing - it's just renamed. But to publish your pictures to a specific
> website, you have to integrate your vendor/service into this 'new' internet
> printing service, meaning the vendor has to provide a plugin that offers
> 'printing' pictures to specific stores - the old XP-plugin most probably
> won't work.
> Internet Printing is available within Windows Photo Gallery (just choose the
> pictures you need and click on the arrow beneath print to choose internet
> printing.
>
> I think the feature was renamed because no one used it for web publishing
> anymore (Most people that do this use professional web authoring apps), but
> there was a need for easy way of ordering of pictures via the Internet - so
> they wanted to give this feature a new purpose.
>
> "Marius" wrote:
>
> > In XP if you viewed folders with the Common Folder Tasks pane showing, there
> > was an option to publish all the images in a folder (or any of them) to
> > proprietary image-hosting sites like Vendio.
> >
> > I used this daily to upload photos for eBay and other places where I earn my
> > living.
> >

> > This has now vanished (in my Home Basic edition, at least) and I can't seem
> > to find any help on this issue. It means an extra hour of work each day
> > painstakingly uploading images one at a time.
> >
> > I feel Microsoft really let customers down on this, I cannot understand why
> > it was removed with no explanation or assistance in Help.
> >
> > Can anyone give me a solution?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Marius

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyaXVz?=

RE: Please help, need advice on publishing image folders to web
Hmmm... does not seem to be available on my humble Home Basic Edition. Does
this mean I need to upgrade?

Still feel this is a sad let-down from MS. I expected that at least Vista
would give as many options as XP but so far it is far less useful, dreary to
use and I bitterly regret "upgrading." I know there is always resistance to
new editions of Windows (I have been using it since it was just called
"Windows" and that is a long time!) but this is not any kind of improvement
over XP that I can see.