WMP displaying incorrect resolution

=?Utf-8?B?Q0I=?=

WMP displaying incorrect resolution
When I replay a downloaded movie file in WMP 11 (Vista Ultimate 32 bit) It
does not display correctly. It is as if I am watching a zoomed-in digital
movie. The images are fuzzy and seem to be too large. My desktop display
resolution is set to 1280 X 1024, which is the correct resolution for my FP
monitor. I assume this resolution has nothing to do with the resolution of my
WMP 11. I have looked everywhere for a solution to the problem but cannot
find an answer. I am sure I have a setting that is not correct. I did not
have this problem with WMP 11 in XP Home. I would appreciate any help I can
get with my problem. Thank you in advance for any solutions. Have a nice day.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP displaying incorrect resolution

You said 'replay' - does it initially work right... ?
Is it blurry or just zoomed in or both..... ?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I replay a downloaded movie file in WMP 11 (Vista Ultimate 32 bit) It
> does not display correctly. It is as if I am watching a zoomed-in digital
> movie. The images are fuzzy and seem to be too large. My desktop display
> resolution is set to 1280 X 1024, which is the correct resolution for my
> FP
> monitor. I assume this resolution has nothing to do with the resolution of
> my
> WMP 11. I have looked everywhere for a solution to the problem but cannot
> find an answer. I am sure I have a setting that is not correct. I did not
> have this problem with WMP 11 in XP Home. I would appreciate any help I
> can
> get with my problem. Thank you in advance for any solutions. Have a nice
> day.

CB

Re: WMP displaying incorrect resolution
Thank you, zachd, for your assistance in this matter. I will be more
specific. When I play most video files the images seem to be out of focus or
pixellated. I did not have this problem with WMP 11 in XP. I took the advice
of Adam Albright and downloaded the free GOM player. This seems to have
corrected the problem because the GOM player automatically resizes the video
screen to accomodate the different resolutions. However, I don't get the
benefit of the full screen. I suppose I will just have to live with it.
Something is better than nothing. Again, I appreciate very much your reply.
Have a nice day.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> You said 'replay' - does it initially work right... ?
> Is it blurry or just zoomed in or both..... ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I replay a downloaded movie file in WMP 11 (Vista Ultimate 32 bit) It
> > does not display correctly. It is as if I am watching a zoomed-in digital
> > movie. The images are fuzzy and seem to be too large. My desktop display
> > resolution is set to 1280 X 1024, which is the correct resolution for my
> > FP
> > monitor. I assume this resolution has nothing to do with the resolution of
> > my
> > WMP 11. I have looked everywhere for a solution to the problem but cannot
> > find an answer. I am sure I have a setting that is not correct. I did not
> > have this problem with WMP 11 in XP Home. I would appreciate any help I
> > can
> > get with my problem. Thank you in advance for any solutions. Have a nice
> > day.

CB

"CB" wrote:

> Thank you, zachd, for your assistance in this matter. I will be more
> specific. When I play most video files the images seem to be out of focus or
> pixellated. I did not have this problem with WMP 11 in XP. I took the advice
> of Adam Albright and downloaded the free GOM player. This seems to have
> corrected the problem because the GOM player automatically resizes the video
> screen to accomodate the different resolutions. However, I don't get the
> benefit of the full screen. I suppose I will just have to live with it.
> Something is better than nothing. Again, I appreciate very much your reply.
> Have a nice day.

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that I have not, do not and will not
download any of the various "codec packs". I was previously warned, by people
such as yourself, that to do so would be to invite many types of problems. I
also do not install any of the "tweak" software for Vista. I will wait until
I can get a tweak program from the employees at Microsoft. Thank you again.

C.B.
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

> > You said 'replay' - does it initially work right... ?
> > Is it blurry or just zoomed in or both..... ?
> >
> > --
> > Speaking for myself only.
> > See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> > --
> >
> > "CB" <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I replay a downloaded movie file in WMP 11 (Vista Ultimate 32 bit) It
> > > does not display correctly. It is as if I am watching a zoomed-in digital
> > > movie. The images are fuzzy and seem to be too large. My desktop display
> > > resolution is set to 1280 X 1024, which is the correct resolution for my
> > > FP
> > > monitor. I assume this resolution has nothing to do with the resolution of
> > > my
> > > WMP 11. I have looked everywhere for a solution to the problem but cannot
> > > find an answer. I am sure I have a setting that is not correct. I did not
> > > have this problem with WMP 11 in XP Home. I would appreciate any help I
> > > can
> > > get with my problem. Thank you in advance for any solutions. Have a nice
> > > day.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP displaying incorrect resolution

What video card was this, by the way? Had you already checked for driver
updates from the vendor... ?