Photo Story 3

=?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBTdW5kcXVpc3Q=?=

Photo Story 3
I seen several comments suggesting Photo Story 3 works in Vista. I just
upgraded over the weekend and haven't spent a lot of time on this but I can't
get it to run. What's the secret?
Thanks.
=?Utf-8?B?RG91ZyBTdW5kcXVpc3Q=?=

RE: Photo Story 3
UPDATE - I did figure out how to enable compatibility mode but like a dummy I
had uninstalled PS3 a couple days ago when it wouldn't work and now I can't
re-install it (it's a .msi installer). Any suggestions?
Thanks.

"Doug Sundquist" wrote:

> I seen several comments suggesting Photo Story 3 works in Vista. I just
> upgraded over the weekend and haven't spent a lot of time on this but I can't
> get it to run. What's the secret?
> Thanks.

John Inzer

Re: Photo Story 3
Doug Sundquist wrote:
> UPDATE - I did figure out how to enable compatibility mode but like a
> dummy I had uninstalled PS3 a couple days ago when it wouldn't work
> and now I can't re-install it (it's a .msi installer). Any
> suggestions?
> Thanks.
>
> "Doug Sundquist" wrote:
>
>> I seen several comments suggesting Photo Story 3 works in Vista. I
>> just upgraded over the weekend and haven't spent a lot of time on
>> this but I can't get it to run. What's the secret?
>> Thanks.

======================
You upgraded to what ? Vista?

Small possibility...it may be worth
a try to do a system restore to a time
before the PS3 install.

FWIW...PS3 runs fine on my Vista
partition and compatibility mode is
not required. You may have other
issues...do you receive any errors?

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Doug Sundquist wrote:
> > UPDATE - I did figure out how to enable compatibility mode but like a
> > dummy I had uninstalled PS3 a couple days ago when it wouldn't work
> > and now I can't re-install it (it's a .msi installer). Any
> > suggestions?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > "Doug Sundquist" wrote:
> >
> >> I seen several comments suggesting Photo Story 3 works in Vista. I
> >> just upgraded over the weekend and haven't spent a lot of time on
> >> this but I can't get it to run. What's the secret?
> >> Thanks.

> ======================
> You upgraded to what ? Vista?
>
> Small possibility...it may be worth
> a try to do a system restore to a time
> before the PS3 install.
>
> FWIW...PS3 runs fine on my Vista
> partition and compatibility mode is
> not required. You may have other
> issues...do you receive any errors?
>
> --
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

The error I would get is a small dialog box stating it (PS3) was not
designed for ths version of Windows (i.e. Vista, which is what I just
upgraded to over the weekend). I doubt I have a restore point because I
didn'tcreate on but I'll look.
Thanks for the help.
John Inzer

Re: Photo Story 3
Doug Sundquist wrote:
> The error I would get is a small dialog box stating it (PS3) was not
> designed for ths version of Windows (i.e. Vista, which is what I just
> upgraded to over the weekend).

==============================
Interesting...I've never see that dialog and
PS3 runs fine on Vista Ultimate. Does it
prevent the program from running?

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Deb

RE: Photo Story 3
I can't get this to install either. It says system administrator has set
policy to prevent this installation. I haven;t done anything! help!

"Doug Sundquist" wrote:

> I seen several comments suggesting Photo Story 3 works in Vista. I just
> upgraded over the weekend and haven't spent a lot of time on this but I can't
> get it to run. What's the secret?
> Thanks.

Jonathan Liu [MSFT]

Re: Photo Story 3
I just downloaded and installed on Vista Ultimate Edition. Be sure that you
have a valid copy of Windows Vista. I do not beleive there are any secrets
to installing Photo Story 3.

Also it is possible that you have group policy that is restricting the
installation of software on your PC.

news8A8C749-FB89-4904-A081-DAFCFEBEA5ED@microsoft.com...