Windows Photo Gallery - shortcut refers to unavailable drive

=?Utf-8?B?SnVsaWEgRS4=?=

Windows Photo Gallery - shortcut refers to unavailable drive
Hi, I'm completely new to Windows Vista, I'm getting the error message
"the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Windows Photo
Gallery.Ink' refers to is unavailable.. make sure disk is properly inserted
or network resource is available, then try again"

I can find the Photo files, but I can't open Photo Gallery from the
pull-down start menu at all

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jeff Gallagher

Re: Windows Photo Gallery - shortcut refers to unavailable drive
May I make a few suggestions

Firstly change to the Classic start menu until you are more famular with
Vista
Right click on the Toolbar then click on properties
On the start menu tab choose classic start menu

The click on (Start) run c:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\

This would be the standard install location for photogallery
Once you find the exe file recreate the link
c:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\WindowsPhotoGallery.exe

If this doesnt work use the search to look for WindowsPhoto
Make sure you choose advanced search location everywhere and tick include
non-indexed, hidden and system files.
When you find it right click on it and create a shortcut

Hope this helps I am new to vista myself.

"Julia E." <Julia E.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0895936-9AF9-4E6B-96E2-2355A838F5A3@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I'm completely new to Windows Vista, I'm getting the error message
> "the drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Windows Photo
> Gallery.Ink' refers to is unavailable.. make sure disk is properly
> inserted
> or network resource is available, then try again"
>
> I can find the Photo files, but I can't open Photo Gallery from the
> pull-down start menu at all
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9vYmFpbGV5?=

RE: Windows Photo Gallery - shortcut refers to unavailable drive
Check the properties for Photo Gallery:

the target should be: "C:\Program Files\Windows Programs\Windows Photo
Gallery\WindowsPhotoGallery.exe"

Start in should be: "C:\Program Files\Windows Programs\Windows Photo Gallery"
I copies this from my properties screen so keep in mind that your file
locations may be incorrect - mine were initially incorrect.

Good luck!