Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

windows media player in vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
=?Utf-8?B?cm9kaGFu?=
 

Posts: n/a
windows media player in vista
i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player, I
cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!

Any ideas ?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
Jeff Gallagher
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista

"rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
>i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player,
>I
> cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
>
> Any ideas ?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
Jeff Gallagher
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista
Hope this helps
I have never replyed to these before

It sounds like you need to install some CODEC's
Try installing DivX Codec (6.5.1) .
Microsoft do not seem to include any in MP11


http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

"rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
>i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player,
>I
> cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
>
> Any ideas ?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista
If you can't watch the sample movie then something is wrong and I wouldn't
start installing any old codec. Youc ertainly don't need the divx one to
watch wmv movies supplied by MS.
I'd start by ensuring you have up to date drivers for the graphics card.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Jeff Gallagher" <jeffgallagher@gaelic.ie> wrote in message
news:38888B6B-589C-4469-A3E9-3D0A4623662D@microsoft.com...
> Hope this helps
> I have never replyed to these before
>
> It sounds like you need to install some CODEC's
> Try installing DivX Codec (6.5.1) .
> Microsoft do not seem to include any in MP11
>
>
> http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/
>
> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
>>i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media
>>player, I
>> cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
>>
>> Any ideas ?

>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista

How is it failing?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
>i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player,
>I
> cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
>
> Any ideas ?



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V0RO?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista
I am having this same problem. I have had it since I bought my computer a
month ago. When I try to use the media player the Vista working circle
appears for a few seconds and then I get a message saying that the media
centre has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution to the
problem and will notify me if a solution is found.
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> How is it failing?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
> >i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media player,
> >I
> > cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
> >
> > Any ideas ?

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista

OK, and then the next question is-- what fault bucket number do you get:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:41CA719A-99A6-4A6A-952A-42F5E8B23BAB@microsoft.com...
>I am having this same problem. I have had it since I bought my computer a
> month ago. When I try to use the media player the Vista working circle
> appears for a few seconds and then I get a message saying that the media
> centre has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution to the
> problem and will notify me if a solution is found.
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> How is it failing?
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
>> >i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media
>> >player,
>> >I
>> > cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
>> >
>> > Any ideas ?

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V0RO?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista
The fault bucket ID#361825907

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> OK, and then the next question is-- what fault bucket number do you get:
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:41CA719A-99A6-4A6A-952A-42F5E8B23BAB@microsoft.com...
> >I am having this same problem. I have had it since I bought my computer a
> > month ago. When I try to use the media player the Vista working circle
> > appears for a few seconds and then I get a message saying that the media
> > centre has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution to the
> > problem and will notify me if a solution is found.
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> How is it failing?
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> >> rights.
> >> --
> >>
> >> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...
> >> >i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media
> >> >player,
> >> >I
> >> > cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the media player!
> >> >
> >> > Any ideas ?
> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista

Do you have igdumd32.dll on your system? If so, this--
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...lang=engshould likely fix you up.Please let us know here if this works for you.Cheers,-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:4433E3E7-151D-431B-8A35-E810D3C51821@microsoft.com...> The fault bucket ID#361825907>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> OK, and then the next question is-- what fault bucket number do you get:>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket>> ?>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>>> "WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message>> news:41CA719A-99A6-4A6A-952A-42F5E8B23BAB@microsoft.com...>> >I am having this same problem. I have had it since I bought my computera>> > month ago. When I try to use the media player the Vista working circle>> > appears for a few seconds and then I get a message saying that themedia>> > centre has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution to the>> > problem and will notify me if a solution is found.>> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>> >>> >>>> >> How is it failing?>> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate>> >>>> >> -->> >> Speaking for myself only.>> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no>> >> rights.>> >> -->> >>>> >> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message>> >> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...>> >> >i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media>> >> >player,>> >> >I>> >> > cant look at movies, not even the samples attached in the mediaplayer!>> >> >>> >> > Any ideas ?>> >>>> >>>> >>>>>>>>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2007
=?Utf-8?B?V0RO?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: windows media player in vista
I tried your link and the intel site said that the down load is no longer
available.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> Do you have igdumd32.dll on your system? If so, this--
> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...lang=engshould likely fix you up.Please let us know here if this works for you.Cheers,-Zach--Speaking for myself only.See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.--"WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:4433E3E7-151D-431B-8A35-E810D3C51821@microsoft.com...> The fault bucket ID#361825907>> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>>>>> OK, and then the next question is-- what fault bucket number do you get:>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket>> ?>>>> -->> Speaking for myself only.>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers norights.>> -->>>> "WDN" <WDN@discussions.microsoft.com>

wrote in message>> news:41CA719A-99A6-4A6A-952A-42F5E8B23BAB@microsoft.com...>> >I am having this same problem. I have had it since I bought my computera>> > month ago. When I try to use the media player the Vista working circle>> > appears for a few seconds and then I get a message saying that themedia>> > centre has stopped working and windows is looking for a solution to the>> > problem and will notify me if a solution is found.>> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:>> >>> >>>> >> How is it failing?>> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate>> >>>> >> -->> >> Speaking for myself only.>> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.>> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no>> >> rights.>> >> -->> >>>> >> "rodhan" <rodhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message>> >> news:C0A0A426-F52E-44BF-9880-7EABA604D16C@microsoft.com...>> >> >i have just installed vista, everything works find,except the media>> >> >player,>> >> >I>> >> > cant look at
movies, not even the samples attached in the mediaplayer!>> >> >>> >> > Any ideas ?>> >>>> >>>> >>>>>>>>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Media Player 11 and Vista =?Utf-8?B?Q29ubmllIEw=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 10 06-23-2007 03:08
Windows Media Player 11- Vista glenbo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-23-2007 22:25
windows media player on vista =?Utf-8?B?Ym9nZ2xlYmVjaw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-18-2007 16:35
Vista Crash Windows Media Player/Media Center =?Utf-8?B?Z2R1c2Ex?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 10:04
Windows Vista Media Player David microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 02-28-2007 20:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:50.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120