Media Sharing Problem

dezzlow

Media Sharing Problem

I Want to be able to play music, videos & view pictures from my pc to my
xbox 360 onto the T.V. Now ALL is pretty much done and set.
My 360 is connected to my Pc thru an ethernet cable and the right
updates, setting and programs are good to go.

Now in windows media player I go to - Library - Media Sharing - Share
Media To - Xbox 360 and then click Allow, pretty basic.

But on my xbox , my computer doesnt show up , So I open up windows
media sharing again and This msg shows
"Media sharing is currently disabled, either because the service is
not running or yourfirewall settings have changed."

so the problem, ive cheked my firewall and its set on allow media
sharing so it cant be a firewall issue , then in the *allow pc to share
to xbox* part it shows up and its all cheked and good to go .

so I have no idea why or what is causing the xbox to not read or show
the pc connection, the ethernet cable is NOT broken, the firewall is NOT
blocking it and the share media box is cheked . so in that msg I get it
says **either because the service is not running** well why wud it
not be running if everythings cheks out fine.
If anyone can help me fix this itd be such a great help.

--
dezzlow
dezzlow's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/dezzlow.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

SuperdaveTX

Re: Media Sharing Problem

Let's bump this! I have the same exact problem and I have tried most
everything.

I've tried this: 'You cannot view, add, or delete items in the library
in Windows Media Player 11' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718)

and several things on this page: 'Media sharing has been turned off
because a required Windows setting or component has changed « Blog |
BRH.numbera.com'
(http://brh.numbera.com/blog/index.ph...t-has-changed/)

and I checked a site from one of the old WMP developers blogs that has
lots of tech info... and still no joy.. Can't find this site ATM.

Help!

--
SuperdaveTX
SuperdaveTX

Re: Media Sharing Problem

Sorry, I should have provided a few more details..

I am using Vista32 Ultimate. It was working fine about 3 weeks ago.
I'm not sure what happened to cause it to break. Maybe a windows
update? who knows.... although.

I am a developer using VS2008, SQLServer2008, and other tools. I did
have to run subincl (sp) or something to get VS2008 to be able to create
all types of solutions.. but I think this was further back then 3 weeks
and unrelated.

oh... and most importantly.. I tried things on Zach's page:
'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems.'
(http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html)

Dave

--
SuperdaveTX
hypnoticstate

Re: Media Sharing Problem

same problem for me. I used to disable the services and stop them from
be wrong). Which would mean i'd need to reinstall vista to get it to
work.

--
hypnoticstate