Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish

Merlins_Gal

Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish

Some one please help me... I have trawled through the forums on this
site trying to find an answer.

I have windows vista, and on movie maker everytime i try and publish my
movie the movie maker crashes.

I have tried all the fixes that i could find and i have been sat here
for hours.
I am desperate, i really need to publish this video to enter it into a
Merlin fanvideo competition on youtube...Please can someone help me?

I have tried entering regedit and renaming "msacm.voxacm160 to
"no.msacm.voxacm160". But to no avail. i also uninstalled Nero as on a
post they said that it caused problems.. but that didnt help either..I
have tried every fix that i have come across..nothing has worked.

This isnt my first video.. i only published one a week ago and it
worked perfectly... do i need any particular codec or something??

Please im begging you.....

--
Merlins_Gal
Merlins_Gal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/merlins_gal.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

John Inzer

Re: Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish
Merlins_Gal wrote:
> Some one please help me... I have trawled through the forums on this
> site trying to find an answer.
>
> I have windows vista, and on movie maker everytime i try and publish
> my movie the movie maker crashes.
>
> I have tried all the fixes that i could find and i have been sat here
> for hours.
> I am desperate, i really need to publish this video to enter it into a
> Merlin fanvideo competition on youtube...Please can someone help me?
>
> I have tried entering regedit and renaming "msacm.voxacm160 to
> "no.msacm.voxacm160". But to no avail. i also uninstalled Nero as on a
> post they said that it caused problems.. but that didnt help either..I
> have tried every fix that i have come across..nothing has worked.
>
> This isnt my first video.. i only published one a week ago and it
> worked perfectly... do i need any particular codec or something??
>
> Please im begging you.....

======================
I would suspect that you may have incompatibility
issues with your source files:

The following articles were for Win XP Movie Maker
2.1 but they also apply to Vista.

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish

What are the *specific* fault details for the crash from the Problem Reports
and Solutions control panel's "View Problem History"?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Merlins_Gal" <Merlins_Gal.3n8x3b@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Some one please help me... I have trawled through the forums on this
> site trying to find an answer.
>
> I have windows vista, and on movie maker everytime i try and publish my
> movie the movie maker crashes.
>
> I have tried all the fixes that i could find and i have been sat here
> for hours.
> I am desperate, i really need to publish this video to enter it into a
> Merlin fanvideo competition on youtube...Please can someone help me?
>
> I have tried entering regedit and renaming "msacm.voxacm160 to
> "no.msacm.voxacm160". But to no avail. i also uninstalled Nero as on a
> post they said that it caused problems.. but that didnt help either..I
> have tried every fix that i have come across..nothing has worked.
>
> This isnt my first video.. i only published one a week ago and it
> worked perfectly... do i need any particular codec or something??
>
> Please im begging you.....
>

> --
> Merlins_Gal
> Merlins_Gal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/merlins_gal.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1118337.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Abutt

Re: Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish

I have a similar problem. Every time i try to publish anything it
crashes. It says it is because another user is using Windows Movie
Maker. But, there is not.

Any help would be great.

--
Abutt
Abutt's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/152699.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1118337.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Graham Hughes

Re: Windows movie maker keeps crashing when i try publish
I haven't got the rest of the thread to read, so maybe you could expand on
your problem. What file types are you using? WHich version of windows and
movie maker?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media