Green screen problems when playing HD DVDs

rob583

Green screen problems when playing HD DVDs

I have an HP Presario DV9000 laptop with an HD DVD player. my graphics
card is an 8600M GS

I have been attempting to play the Planed Earth HD DVD set for about a
month. Unfortunately, I was advised to install codec packs when the
first time I tried all i got was a green screen. That was from tech
support.

I have had HD DVDs work in vista and media center before, as well as HP
Quick Play. Now all I get is this infuriating green screen. I will get
parts of the menu to pop up, and the sound is fine, but the video is
perpetually gone.

Can anyone please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem? I
thought it was a problem with the VC1, WMV, or possibly MPEG 2 codecs,
but at this point, I have no clue. I would just like to get everything
back to "stock" on my laptop. I have upgraded all of my drivers through
Nvidea and HP.

--
rob583
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Green screen problems when playing HD DVDs

What tech support told you to install what codec pack? That seems like
hideous advice that would have me distrust them.

Just use the old PowerDVD 7 or some other dedicated HD-DVD player.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"rob583" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have an HP Presario DV9000 laptop with an HD DVD player. my graphics
> card is an 8600M GS
>
> I have been attempting to play the Planed Earth HD DVD set for about a
> month. Unfortunately, I was advised to install codec packs when the
> first time I tried all i got was a green screen. That was from tech
> support.
>
> I have had HD DVDs work in vista and media center before, as well as HP
> Quick Play. Now all I get is this infuriating green screen. I will get
> parts of the menu to pop up, and the sound is fine, but the video is
> perpetually gone.
>
> Can anyone please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem? I
> thought it was a problem with the VC1, WMV, or possibly MPEG 2 codecs,
> but at this point, I have no clue. I would just like to get everything
> back to "stock" on my laptop. I have upgraded all of my drivers through
> Nvidea and HP.
>

> --
> rob583

John Inzer

rob583 wrote:
> I have an HP Presario DV9000 laptop with an HD DVD player. my graphics
> card is an 8600M GS
>
> I have been attempting to play the Planed Earth HD DVD set for about a
> month. Unfortunately, I was advised to install codec packs when the
> first time I tried all i got was a green screen. That was from tech
> support.
>
> I have had HD DVDs work in vista and media center before, as well as
> HP Quick Play. Now all I get is this infuriating green screen. I will
> get parts of the menu to pop up, and the sound is fine, but the video
> is perpetually gone.
>
> Can anyone please let me know what I need to do to fix this problem? I
> thought it was a problem with the VC1, WMV, or possibly MPEG 2 codecs,
> but at this point, I have no clue. I would just like to get everything
> back to "stock" on my laptop. I have upgraded all of my drivers
> through Nvidea and HP.

===================================
Maybe the free VLC Media
Player would be worth a try:

VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

rob583

Re: Green screen problems when playing HD DVDs

I'm still having difficulty with this. Does anyone have a fix?

--
rob583