Background music on an attachment

t-4-2

Background music on an attachment
Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1, Windows Live Mail 14 v.

I know how to insert background music on an e-mail, but
I can not figure out how to make it as a background music when and ONLY when
the attachment is opened.
NOTE : I do not want to convert the music to .wav format. It takes too long
and it does not work if the music is too long.
What I have be doing is this :
Open compose window > Format > Background > Sound > browse to music folder,
pick my choice > Open, choose # of times or continuously > OK
My problem is : as soon as the e-mail is opened by the recipient, music
starts. It does not wait for attachment to be opened.
What steps have I missed ? Thank you.
t-4-2

John Inzer

Re: Background music on an attachment
t-4-2 wrote:
> Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1, Windows Live Mail 14 v.
>
> I know how to insert background music on an e-mail, but
> I can not figure out how to make it as a background music when and
> ONLY when the attachment is opened.
> NOTE : I do not want to convert the music to .wav format. It takes
> too long and it does not work if the music is too long.
> What I have be doing is this :
> Open compose window > Format > Background > Sound > browse to music
> folder, pick my choice > Open, choose # of times or continuously > OK
> My problem is : as soon as the e-mail is opened by the recipient,
> music starts. It does not wait for attachment to be opened.
> What steps have I missed ? Thank you.
> t-4-2

==============================
If your recipient has certain settings...in
their e-mail program the music will play.

To stop it from playing when the message
is opened...the recipient would have to
check the box...
'Read All Messages In Plain Text'

Best bet...don't include music in e-mail.

If you feel you must include music...use
..midi files because of their very small file
size.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

t-4-2

Re: Background music on an attachment
Hello John,
A.) My apology. I have misinformed you. My problems are :
1. Music starts when e-mail is opened.
2. Music STOPs when attachment is opened.
B.) I was the recipient. The " read all messages in plain text " was
un-checked..........still is.
Friend of mine sent me a picture attachment of Chinese New Year. The picture
was her drawing, and the music was from Zamfir. I opened the attachment and
music started. I thought it was neat. So I explored the method, but I am
stumped at the attachment part.
I need the music to start ONLY when attachment is opened. Thank you.
t-4-2

t-4-2 wrote:
> Hello John,
> A.) My apology. I have misinformed you. My problems are :
> 1. Music starts when e-mail is opened.
> 2. Music STOPs when attachment is opened.
> B.) I was the recipient. The " read all messages in plain text " was
> un-checked..........still is.
> Friend of mine sent me a picture attachment of Chinese New Year. The
> picture was her drawing, and the music was from Zamfir. I opened the
> attachment and music started. I thought it was neat. So I explored
> the method, but I am stumped at the attachment part.
> I need the music to start ONLY when attachment is opened. Thank you.
> t-4-2

================================
Well...OK...but the same settings would apply.

To stop it from playing when the message
is opened...the recipient (you in this case)
would have to *place a check in the box*...

> t-4-2 wrote:
>> Hello John,
>> A.) My apology. I have misinformed you. My problems are :
>> 1. Music starts when e-mail is opened.
>> 2. Music STOPs when attachment is opened.
>> B.) I was the recipient. The " read all messages in plain text " was
>> un-checked..........still is.
>> Friend of mine sent me a picture attachment of Chinese New Year. The
>> picture was her drawing, and the music was from Zamfir. I opened the
>> attachment and music started. I thought it was neat. So I explored
>> the method, but I am stumped at the attachment part.
>> I need the music to start ONLY when attachment is opened. Thank you.
>> t-4-2

> ================================
> Well...OK...but the same settings would apply.
>
> To stop it from playing when the message
> is opened...the recipient (you in this case)
> would have to *place a check in the box*...
> 'Read All Messages In Plain Text'
>
> --
>

> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

cbuck

Re: Background music on an attachment

T42, I understand your comments though at moment, I don't have the
answer. I do send lots of 'midis' music with my emails. Using Vista
HPSP1 but I will try to find the answer. John was telling you how not
to hear the music when the email was opened. I noted you thanked him
but not sure if your problem was answered to your satisfaction.
Somehow, I would think the music would have to be 'embedded' into the
atchmt to get it to work like that. Just adding it to the email
certainly will not do what you wish, or at least I don't think so.

So the sender sent you a photo (not a video clip) and it had music that
played once you opened the "attachment" rather than opening the
"email".

I will attempt to recreate this (as an attachment) and see if I can
embed some music, send it to myself, and see what happens. (This is my
first post to this board, so I may have 'screwed' it up). Regards

--
cbuck
cbuck's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11803

http://camcorderanswers.com