No sound

Blueberry

No sound
Ok this is a long one and a hard one.

My problem is I have Vista ultimate and I have no sounds. I click onto a
music file I have on the hard drive and I get a media player error that says :
"Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn,
or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that
has been moved, renamed, or deleted."

Well I know its not and im not online.

Also when Team Speak comes up it gives a "prepareheader invalid handle"
failier.

No Vista sounds at startup or on the desktop. I dont think its my Xfi
extreme music card because I ran a game that uses Open-AL and I heard
everthing. I have done everthing a complete uninstall of the card to a clean
install of the lates xfi drivers. Yes they are the right ones. When I run a
game with open al audio the card works fine, it just seams to be Vista and
music files wavs, ect. I have checked all the windows audio services, checked
the sound options in control panel. ECT.ECT. Ive reinstalled directx10, I
havent got a clue what it could be. Ive checked Media player issues with wmm
dll. I just cant put my finger on it. Its all sound. Startup sound, waves.
Could the MBR be messed up? I had some boot up errors while checking some
stuff. I ran a checkdisk. Everything in the bios is ok, Onboard sound off
ect. Thats all I got . Any help would sure be apreciated thanks.
Blueberry

RE: No sound
Could this be a BCD issue???