video quality on MCE extender

Davidb

video quality on MCE extender
Would changing the video card on my pc improve the quality of video on my
extender. I get pixelation on skin and some motion drag when I am watching my
videos through my 360.
Curious

Re: video quality on MCE extender
Do you have the same problem when watching the same video on your PC if not
then the PC video card has nothing to do with your extender PQ.
Is either you PC or your Extender connected with wireless? If so then it
appears that you have a wireless bandwidth problem?

"Davidb" <Davidb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Would changing the video card on my pc improve the quality of video on my
> extender. I get pixelation on skin and some motion drag when I am watching
> my
> videos through my 360.

Davidb

Re: video quality on MCE extender
The video seems better when I use media player on my PC. I am using a LAN to
connect the two. I have full bandwidth. I just was wondering if the video
card makes is even used when streaming to an extender. I don't think it
should but I am unsure.

"Curious" wrote:

> Do you have the same problem when watching the same video on your PC if not
> then the PC video card has nothing to do with your extender PQ.
> Is either you PC or your Extender connected with wireless? If so then it
> appears that you have a wireless bandwidth problem?
>
> "Davidb" <Davidb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Would changing the video card on my pc improve the quality of video on my
> > extender. I get pixelation on skin and some motion drag when I am watching
> > my
> > videos through my 360.

Curious

Re: video quality on MCE extender
I know the video is not involved with playing TV on the extender as all of
the decoding is done on the extender I am not sure about other video files
but I suspect that the system video card is not involved with all of them
but maybe with some of them depending on the actual file type

> The video seems better when I use media player on my PC. I am using a LAN
> connect the two. I have full bandwidth. I just was wondering if the video
> card makes is even used when streaming to an extender. I don't think it
> should but I am unsure.
>
> "Curious" wrote:
>
>> Do you have the same problem when watching the same video on your PC if
>> not
>> then the PC video card has nothing to do with your extender PQ.
>> Is either you PC or your Extender connected with wireless? If so then it
>> appears that you have a wireless bandwidth problem?
>>
>> "Davidb" <Davidb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Would changing the video card on my pc improve the quality of video on
>> > my
>> > extender. I get pixelation on skin and some motion drag when I am
>> > watching
>> > my
>> > videos through my 360.

Davidb

Re: video quality on MCE extender
Thanks. Is there any way to improve the quality of Internet TV video streams?
Curious

Re: video quality on MCE extender
I have no idea since I have never used any.

> Thanks. Is there any way to improve the quality of Internet TV video
> streams?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: video quality on MCE extender

Not meaningfully- it's encoded at whatever quality it's encoded at. Much
like if you start with a VHS tape, it's going to be about that quality at
the end point. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.