Widescreen / Vista

logoanimation

Widescreen / Vista

I have looked for any solutions on the site for my problem and could not
find what I was looking for that is why I am posting this message

1. I am using a DVD Shrink or AVS Cutter to get home movies and other
content from dvd to computer.

2. The preview on DVD Shrink shows 4:3 Ratio. When extracting certain
content it shows preview at 16:9

3. I play VOB file or mpeg file on media player at only 4:3

My question is: How do I fix the aspect ratio on my system in order to
edit videos at 16:9? I can not view 16:9 on any video I play, even
directly from dvd player to view dvd's. Media player only shows 4:3
aspect Ratio?

I am running 64 bit Operating system On a 22 Inch Widescreen HDMI. I
need to edit videos in Power Director or Movie Maker and it also shows
videos in 4:3 Ratio. In Power Director I can change aspect ratio only
by stretching it or Cropping video. In windows Movie Maker only shows
4:3 As well.

--
logoanimation
John Inzer

Re: Widescreen / Vista
logoanimation wrote:
> I have looked for any solutions on the site for my problem and could
> not find what I was looking for that is why I am posting this message
>
> 1. I am using a DVD Shrink or AVS Cutter to get home movies and other
> content from dvd to computer.
>
> 2. The preview on DVD Shrink shows 4:3 Ratio. When extracting
> certain content it shows preview at 16:9
>
> 3. I play VOB file or mpeg file on media player at only 4:3
>
> My question is: How do I fix the aspect ratio on my system in order
> to edit videos at 16:9? I can not view 16:9 on any video I play, even
> directly from dvd player to view dvd's. Media player only shows 4:3
> aspect Ratio?
>
> I am running 64 bit Operating system On a 22 Inch Widescreen HDMI. I
> need to edit videos in Power Director or Movie Maker and it also shows
> videos in 4:3 Ratio. In Power Director I can change aspect ratio only
> by stretching it or Cropping video. In windows Movie Maker only shows
> 4:3 As well.

============================
In Movie Maker...did you try going to...
Tools / Options / Advanced / 16:9

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

logoanimation

Re: Widescreen / Vista

Yes I went their before I asked the question, the Black Pad shows up
16:9 but the videos still shows @ 4:3 aspect ratio.

--
logoanimation
Clevo

Re: Widescreen / Vista

logoanimation;943262 Wrote:
> I have looked for any solutions on the site for my problem and could not
> find what I was looking for that is why I am posting this message
>
> 1. I am using a DVD Shrink or AVS Cutter to get home movies and other
> content from dvd to computer.
>
> 2. The preview on DVD Shrink shows 4:3 Ratio. When extracting certain
> content it shows preview at 16:9
>
> 3. I play VOB file or mpeg file on media player at only 4:3
>
> My question is: How do I fix the aspect ratio on my system in order to
> edit videos at 16:9? I can not view 16:9 on any video I play, even
> directly from dvd player to view dvd's. Media player only shows 4:3
> aspect Ratio?
>
> I am running 64 bit Operating system On a 22 Inch Widescreen HDMI. I
> need to edit videos in Power Director or Movie Maker and it also shows
> videos in 4:3 Ratio. In Power Director I can change aspect ratio only by
> stretching it or Cropping video. In windows Movie Maker only shows 4:3
> As well.

Without going into too much detail:

You don't mention if when the video is previewed in 4:3 if the image
appears squashed (everything looks thinner)

You also don;t mention the source of your video. You mention "home"
movies but not what it's shot with. It's possible you have mixed format.
I know for example on my camcorder (Panasonic NV Gs-180) I can shoot
16x9 and 4x3 but the frame size in both is always 720x576 (PAL). Both
those aspects are standard definition DVD compatable aspect ratios for
within the same frame size.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
logoanimation

Re: Widescreen / Vista

No the images do not seem squashed, everything does not look thinner

The source of my video is DVD VTS from DVD Player, when played on my
HDTV Wide Screen it plays it wide screen....

When extracting the videos with dvd shrink a window pops up and says in
2 minutes the video left ..... Preview window looks like it is 16:9 but
when played on Media Player it shows 4:3

FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING JUST HOW TO PLAY 16:9 ON MY MEDIA PLAYER, I CAN
NOT EVEN VIEW DVD'S BOUGHT FROM THE STORE AT 16:9 THEY ALL VIEW 4:3
Thanks for helping I really do appreciate your time

--
logoanimation

http://torontofc.tk/
John Inzer

Re: Widescreen / Vista
logoanimation wrote:
> No the images do not seem squashed, everything does not look thinner
>
> The source of my video is DVD VTS from DVD Player, when played on my
> HDTV Wide Screen it plays it wide screen....
>
> When extracting the videos with dvd shrink a window pops up and says
> in 2 minutes the video left ..... Preview window looks like it is
> 16:9 but when played on Media Player it shows 4:3
>
> FORGET ABOUT EVERYTHING JUST HOW TO PLAY 16:9 ON MY MEDIA PLAYER, I
> CAN NOT EVEN VIEW DVD'S BOUGHT FROM THE STORE AT 16:9 THEY ALL VIEW
> 4:3 Thanks for helping I really do appreciate your time

========================
Try the free VLC Media Player.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

genesis1

Re: Widescreen / Vista

What 64 bit os are you using? Vista or XP? I know this is a Vista forum
but some XP users sometimes post as well

--
genesis1
logoanimation

Re: Widescreen / Vista

64 Bit Vista

--
logoanimation

http://torontofc.tk/
logoanimation

Re: Widescreen / Vista

Ok I figured out that media center is playing movies at 16:9 , but media
player does not play any videos at 16:9

--
logoanimation

http://torontofc.tk/