Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Popeye33

Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Hi Guys,

I have Windows Vista .... I have made a video, changed it to a WMV file
and tried to load it into Windows Movie Maker so I can edit it, but this
keeps coming up ...

*-Windows Movie Maker cannot use the audio file
C:\Users\Pops\Desktop\Blokart.wmv is in use by another program or does
not contain valid audio data.-*

Could some kind soul out there help me, pretty please

Cheers Pops

--
Popeye33
John Inzer

Re: Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?
Popeye33 wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have Windows Vista .... I have made a video, changed it to a WMV
> file and tried to load it into Windows Movie Maker so I can edit it,
> but this keeps coming up ...
>
> *-Windows Movie Maker cannot use the audio file
> C:\Users\Pops\Desktop\Blokart.wmv is in use by another program or does
> not contain valid audio data.-*
>
> Could some kind soul out there help me, pretty please
>
> Cheers Pops

How exactly did you "Change" it to a .wmv file?
And...what format was it before you changed it?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Popeye33

Re: Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Thanks John .... Firstly I copy the video onto a CD then I am using
'IMToo DVD to WMV converter' to change it into a WMV file.

What's interesting is on Vesta it would only show one chapter so I went
back to my other laptop which has Windows XP and all the chapters came
up, perhaps it's something to do with Vesta?

Cheers Pops

Popeye33 wrote:
> Thanks John .... Firstly I copy the video onto a CD then I am using
> 'IMToo DVD to WMV converter' to change it into a WMV file.
>
> What's interesting is on Vesta it would only show one chapter so I
> went back to my other laptop which has Windows XP and all the
> chapters came up, perhaps it's something to do with Vesta?
>
> Cheers Pops

===================================
I'm not familiar with the software you are using...
are you saying you began by Ripping a DVD?

Why did you copy it to a "CD"?

What is the exact task you are trying to perform?
Are you trying to import clips from a DVD into
Movie Maker?

I think posting more details might help you find
a solution.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Popeye33

Re: Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Hi John .... I'm not very savvy with this type of stuff so please bear
with me.

I have taken some video on our holiday of blokarting, I want to edit it
and put it on You Tube.

I have lost my cable that can transfer info straight from my video to
the computer so I put the video I took on the harddrive we have on the
TV, and copy it onto a DVD.

I then use that program 'IMToo DVD to WMV converter' to change it into
a WMV file.
which I am beginning to think is not capatable with Windows Vista ....
I have done the same on my other laptop which has Windows XP on it and
it worked out fine.

Once it has been changed into an WMV file I put it into the Movie Maker
to edit the crap out.

What I decided to do was open the files on my XP computer which worked,
changed them to WMV files, put the info on a memory stick transferred
them back onto my Vista laptop and edited them but they changed into
MSWMM Files which are not compatable with You Tube ..... I need to now
change them into a WMV file and I have no idea how to do so ..... feel
like screamin right now aaaaggggghhhh!!! lol

Mate I hope that makes sense.

Cheers Pops xx

--
Popeye33
Popeye33

Re: Can't load WMV files into Movie Maker, can anyone help?

Hi John ... feel a little embarrassed but I have found out the problem
.... I didn't wait long enough for the files to load onto the Media
Maker, I had no idea it took that long lol
Thanks foe responding.
Cheers Pops

Popeye33 wrote:
> Hi John ... feel a little embarrassed but I have found out the problem
> ... I didn't wait long enough for the files to load onto the Media
> Maker, I had no idea it took that long lol
> Thanks foe responding.
> Cheers Pops

===========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

The .mswmm file is your Project File...that
is only compatible with Movie Maker and is
used for re-editing a project. To create a
"video" file in Vista you must "Publish" the
Project.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker