Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=

Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Hey guys, I always use the import feature on Vista whenever I plugin my USB
Drive with pictures on it. Problem is, it's not there anymore. I can do it
manually but I'd rather have the convenience of having it pop-up in Autoplay.
It's a pretty advanced problem, hopefully someone knows how to get through
it. Thanks
Dave Johnson [MSFT]

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Hi Jared,

It's possible that another AutoPlay behavior has become the default when
Windows sesnes pictures on your memory card. To fix that, open the Control
Panel and then type "Autoplay" in the search box. Click AutoPlay to open the
AutoPlay Control Panel. Now find the entry for Pictures and set it either to
"Ask me eery time" or "Import pictures using Windows." Save your changes.

Hopefully that will fix this problem.

--
Dave Johnson
Windows User Assistance team

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Thanks man, but unfortunately, the option is completely gone from my Autoplay
options. So it doesn't even appear on my list nor in the Autoplay options
menu.

"Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Jared,
>
> It's possible that another AutoPlay behavior has become the default when
> Windows sesnes pictures on your memory card. To fix that, open the Control
> Panel and then type "Autoplay" in the search box. Click AutoPlay to open the
> AutoPlay Control Panel. Now find the entry for Pictures and set it either to
> "Ask me eery time" or "Import pictures using Windows." Save your changes.
>
> Hopefully that will fix this problem.
>

> --
> Dave Johnson
> Windows User Assistance team
> Microsoft Corporation

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Type the following in Start Run

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoVoyager.dll"
Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoAcq.dll"
Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll"
Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoCinematic.dll"
Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoClassic.dll"

This repairs the autoplay registry settings.

"Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks man, but unfortunately, the option is completely gone from my
> Autoplay
> options. So it doesn't even appear on my list nor in the Autoplay options
> menu.
>
> "Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jared,
>>
>> It's possible that another AutoPlay behavior has become the default when
>> Windows sesnes pictures on your memory card. To fix that, open the
>> Control
>> Panel and then type "Autoplay" in the search box. Click AutoPlay to open
>> the
>> AutoPlay Control Panel. Now find the entry for Pictures and set it either
>> "Ask me eery time" or "Import pictures using Windows." Save your changes.
>>
>> Hopefully that will fix this problem.
>>

>> --
>> Dave Johnson
>> Windows User Assistance team
>> Microsoft Corporation

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure it's my registry that got f'd up
somehow. All of those worked except the second one. And I'm pretty sure
that's the one I need (Im guessing Acq stands for accuire which will
"acquire" my pictures via the import program etc.) I got this error

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2.../Capture-3.jpg

sorry for the hassle and thanks for your help. I realy appreciate it.

"." wrote:

> Type the following in Start Run
>
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoVoyager.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoAcq.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoCinematic.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoClassic.dll"
>
> This repairs the autoplay registry settings.
>
> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks man, but unfortunately, the option is completely gone from my
> > Autoplay
> > options. So it doesn't even appear on my list nor in the Autoplay options
> > menu.

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
C:\Users\David Candy>NET HELPMSG 5

Access is denied.

8007nnnn errors mean the rest of the number is a Win 32 error. Net can look
up the string. Remember Net does it with decimal numbers while 9007nnnn are
hexidecimal. Use Calc in Scientific mode to convert.

Also pressing Ctrl + C in an proper windows message box will copy the text
to the clipboard. I choose one I knew not to work to get an error dialog.

EG

[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
The module "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\Photogallery.EXE" failed
to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check
for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.
..

[OK]

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...ssmonitor.mspx

Set it to monitor regsvr32.exe while running that bcommand. And then look
for errors. Remember it is normal programing practice to attempt something
and see if it errors or not. So most errors are just things it looking for.
That is if one want to see if a registry key exists then one attempt to open
it. If it doesn't exist it errors and lets you know it doesn't. So look for
an access denied error.

I've attached it's registry scripts if you want to see the settings by hand.

i would have suggested deleing the file in case it ws corrupted, so it new
version would be installed by Windows Resource Protection but noone has
security to do so.

> Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure it's my registry that got f'd up
> somehow. All of those worked except the second one. And I'm pretty sure
> that's the one I need (Im guessing Acq stands for accuire which will
> "acquire" my pictures via the import program etc.) I got this error
>
> http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2.../Capture-3.jpg
>
> sorry for the hassle and thanks for your help. I realy appreciate it.
>
> "." wrote:
>
>> Type the following in Start Run
>>
>> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoVoyager.dll"
>> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoAcq.dll"
>> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll"
>> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoCinematic.dll"
>> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoClassic.dll"
>>
>> This repairs the autoplay registry settings.
>>
>> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks man, but unfortunately, the option is completely gone from my
>> > Autoplay
>> > options. So it doesn't even appear on my list nor in the Autoplay
>> > options
>> > menu.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Jared,

Run those commands from an "elevated" Command Prompt. Click Start, type cmd.exe. Right-click cmd.exe in Search results, and choose "Run as Administrator". Try executing the commands which David posted.

--
Regards,

"." wrote:

> Type the following in Start Run
>
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoVoyager.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoAcq.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoViewer.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoCinematic.dll"
> Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Gallery\PhotoClassic.dll"
>
> This repairs the autoplay registry settings.
>
> "Jared" <Jared@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks man, but unfortunately, the option is completely gone from my
> > Autoplay
> > options. So it doesn't even appear on my list nor in the Autoplay options
> > menu.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?=

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Ramesh & David:

IT WORKED !! I can't Thank You guys enough. It works PERFECTLY now. Good
karma pooints for you guys, haha. I'll definitely be back here if anything
else comes up, which I doubt will. Vista has been running exceptionally
smoothly despite what other people say.

Thanx again,
Jared

=?Utf-8?B?TW9uaWNh?=

Re: Windows Photo Import Autoplay Option gone
Hello, I have the exact same problem as Jared. It's pretty irritating.
However, being a comp idiot, the solution seems kind of confusing. I hope
that some kind soul would retype a proper step by step solution for me.
Pleaseeee.......

Regards
Monica