windows movie maker crashes

=?Utf-8?B?anVhbg==?=

windows movie maker crashes
I am using a dual core cuad with 4 gigs of ddr2 mem and a video card evga
geforce 7950gt ko vista ready after using the movie maker for about half an
hour I start with crashes, can it be my memory? or can it be my power supply
550watts? what i notice is that crashes are more often when i insist on keep
on working and less often when i let the pc rest
Graham Hughes

Re: windows movie maker crashes
It does sound like a hardware problem.
Does it happen with any other apps?
Do you have any other video editing or photo editing apps to try?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"juan" <juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a dual core cuad with 4 gigs of ddr2 mem and a video card evga
> geforce 7950gt ko vista ready after using the movie maker for about half
> an
> hour I start with crashes, can it be my memory? or can it be my power
> supply
> 550watts? what i notice is that crashes are more often when i insist on
> keep
> on working and less often when i let the pc rest

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: windows movie maker crashes
It might also be a heat issue - insure all your fans are running, not
obstructed by dust, and that your graphics card is in a good airflow
location...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"juan" <juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a dual core cuad with 4 gigs of ddr2 mem and a video card evga
> geforce 7950gt ko vista ready after using the movie maker for about half
> an
> hour I start with crashes, can it be my memory? or can it be my power
> supply
> 550watts? what i notice is that crashes are more often when i insist on
> keep
> on working and less often when i let the pc rest

=?Utf-8?B?anVhbg==?=

Re: windows movie maker crashes
yes it hapens with app that have to do wuth video the dvd maker does the same
thing could it be that 550 wats is not enogth for the dual cuad procc also
another susspicious thing is that the pc rates 5,9 in every thing but in the
memory ram rates 5,4 i am usin two dual chanel corssair ddr2 800 mhz totaling
4 gigs the pc uses no more than 25 % acording to the gadjet meter that brings
my suspision back to the power supp that can be generatin g heat due to lack
off juice i have fans for the disks and 4 fans for the cabinet that is made
in aluminum to disipate better

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> It does sound like a hardware problem.
> Does it happen with any other apps?
> Do you have any other video editing or photo editing apps to try?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "juan" <juan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using a dual core cuad with 4 gigs of ddr2 mem and a video card evga
> > geforce 7950gt ko vista ready after using the movie maker for about half
> > an
> > hour I start with crashes, can it be my memory? or can it be my power
> > supply
> > 550watts? what i notice is that crashes are more often when i insist on
> > keep
> > on working and less often when i let the pc rest

=?Utf-8?B?anVhbg==?=

Re: windows movie maker crashes
cann the power supply generate heat if it is too small? (not enoguh juice)?