please help

cazxx1

please help

Hi all I have a photosmart m627 digital camera I can take video clips
but when I put them onto the computer I can hear the video but cannot
see the picture please help as it is driving me mad cheers

--
cazxx1
dbknox

Re: please help

cazxx1;938498 Wrote:
> Hi all I have a photosmart m627 digital camera I can take video clips
> but when I put them onto the computer I can hear the video but cannot
> see the picture please help as it is driving me mad cheers

Hi *cazxx1* can you fill us in a bit with what flavour of Vista are you
running, Ie: home basic, home premuim also what kind of file it is Ie:
Avi,mpeg etc:
Maybe we can help you here.

--
dbknox
EW

Re: please help

"cazxx1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi all I have a photosmart m627 digital camera I can take video clips
> but when I put them onto the computer I can hear the video but cannot
> see the picture please help as it is driving me mad cheers

What program are you trying to use to play the videos? Did you try to save
(drag and drop) the video file to your hard drive, then open with the
application? Finally, try Quicktime -- it works, but clutters up the hard
drive.

EW

cazxx1

Re: please help

Im opening the videos in the pictures programme. I am using home basic (
I think ) and mpeg

--
cazxx1
dbknox

Re: please help

cazxx1;939120 Wrote:
> Im opening the videos in the pictures programme. I am using home basic (
> I think ) and mpeg

For computer statitics "RUN",right click "computer" and click on
properties.
I like to have a shortcut to "Mycomputer" on the desktop, if you would
also, right click on "computer" and scroll to "show on desktop"
I am very surprised that a digital camera is making mpeg files all the
ones I have seen are in the "AVI" format. The reason for my query.
Most MPEG files will run on the *freeware* VLC player you can find it
at the following site
'VLC Media Player - Download'
(http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/)

It is a very good player and will play just about any video file
including VideoCd ( Dat)

--
dbknox
cazxx1

Re: please help

cheers db, I have just found gom player works a treat x but thanks
anyway

--
cazxx1
dbknox

Re: please help

cazxx1;940061 Wrote:
> cheers db, I have just found gom player works a treat x but thanks
> anyway

Glad you got it, this is the first I have heard of GOM player I had to
do a search on it, it is quite small.
Looks interesting.

--
dbknox
cazxx1

Re: please help

yes it is really good. All it does really is plays videos thats all I
need it for

--
cazxx1