cant burn a DVD on windows movie maker

cecilia

cant burn a DVD on windows movie maker
Hi i have Windows Vista Home Basic, did some movies on Widnows movie maker,
and now i cannot burn a DVD. When i click publish the movie the DVD option is
not there.
How can i burn the movies on a DVD?
John Inzer

Re: cant burn a DVD on windows movie maker
cecilia wrote:
> Hi i have Windows Vista Home Basic, did some movies on Widnows movie
> maker, and now i cannot burn a DVD. When i click publish the movie
> the DVD option is not there.
> How can i burn the movies on a DVD?

==================================
Scroll down for info.....

Vista Basic does not include Windows DVD Maker.
You will need to purchase DVD Aurthoring software
or try some of the freebie downloads.

First you need to Publish your Movie Maker project
in a movie format...wmv, or .avi.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

Movie Maker in Vista -
Publishing / Quality Profiles
http://www.papajohn.org/Vista-Publishing.html

Here's a freebie DVD creator that might be worth a try:

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

If you have problems downloading DVD Flick...
try the following direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/6gt7p2
or...
http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sour...up_1.3.0.4.exe

Save the file to a folder on your hard drive and
install from there.

Tutorials:

DVD Flick Tutorial
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videogu...ick-guide.html

Burn Any PC Video Format into DVD
http://www.freevideoworkshop.com/dvdflicktutorial.htm

To create a basic Video DVD that should play in a free
standing DVD player...try the following...

Good luck.

First...read the DVD Flick Guide to familiarize yourself
with the program.

Open DVD Flick and insert a blank DVD in your burner.

If your computer's Autoplay window opens....just close it.

Click the Project Settings button and go to...Video /
Target format...residents of USA...choose...NTSC /
Accept.

Left click the Add title button and browse to your
Movie Clips and select the ones you want on the DVD.

You can arrange them by selecting one and then use
the Move Up and Move Down buttons.

Left click the Create DVD button / OK / Yes / Yes.

Wait while the DVD is created.

When the text "Finished Successfully" appears you
may close DVD Flick. Now you can eject your DVD
and play it in your DVD player.

At some point you may wish to purchase more
advanced software like Nero, Roxio, Ulead, etc...but
at least this is a start.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: *More*cant burn a DVD on windows movie maker
FWIW...here's a link that shows the
features of each Vista Version:
http://support.teloep.org/vistaver.htm

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
===================================
> cecilia wrote:
>> Hi i have Windows Vista Home Basic, did some movies on Widnows movie
>> maker, and now i cannot burn a DVD. When i click publish the movie
>> the DVD option is not there.
>> How can i burn the movies on a DVD?

> ==================================
> Scroll down for info.....
>
> Vista Basic does not include Windows DVD Maker.
> You will need to purchase DVD Aurthoring software
> or try some of the freebie downloads.
>
> First you need to Publish your Movie Maker project
> in a movie format...wmv, or .avi.
>
> Windows Vista -
> Publish a movie in
> Windows Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
> or...
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx
>
> Movie Maker in Vista -
> Publishing / Quality Profiles
> http://www.papajohn.org/Vista-Publishing.html
>
> Here's a freebie DVD creator that might be worth a try:
>
> DVD Flick
> http://www.dvdflick.net/
>
> Be sure to read the Guide:
> http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php
>
> If you have problems downloading DVD Flick...
> try the following direct link:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6gt7p2
> or...
> http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sour...up_1.3.0.4.exe
>
> Save the file to a folder on your hard drive and
> install from there.
>
> Tutorials:
>
> DVD Flick Tutorial
> http://beginwithsoftware.com/videogu...ick-guide.html
>
> Burn Any PC Video Format into DVD
> http://www.freevideoworkshop.com/dvdflicktutorial.htm
>
> To create a basic Video DVD that should play in a free
> standing DVD player...try the following...
>
> Good luck.
>
> First...read the DVD Flick Guide to familiarize yourself
> with the program.
>
> Open DVD Flick and insert a blank DVD in your burner.
>
> If your computer's Autoplay window opens....just close it.
>
> Click the Project Settings button and go to...Video /
> Target format...residents of USA...choose...NTSC /
> Accept.
>
> Left click the Add title button and browse to your
> Movie Clips and select the ones you want on the DVD.
>
> You can arrange them by selecting one and then use
> the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
>
> Left click the Create DVD button / OK / Yes / Yes.
>
> Wait while the DVD is created.
>
> When the text "Finished Successfully" appears you
> may close DVD Flick. Now you can eject your DVD
> and play it in your DVD player.
>
> At some point you may wish to purchase more
> advanced software like Nero, Roxio, Ulead, etc...but
> at least this is a start.

Blackbird

Re: cant burn a DVD on windows movie maker

"cecilia" <cecilia@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi i have Windows Vista Home Basic, did some movies on Widnows movie
> maker,
> and now i cannot burn a DVD. When i click publish the movie the DVD option
> is
> not there.
> How can i burn the movies on a DVD?

If you have the WMM software: publish your movie directly to DVD maker.
Interim publishing it to wmv or avi , will give poorer quality.