Roxio Creator 9

Peter

Roxio Creator 9
I have Roxio Creator 9 (which works fine on my desktop XP machine) on my
Vista Sp1 laptop and cannot use Cineplayer. After the flash screen shows for
several seconds I get "Cineplayer has stopped working" and a second message
asking to close the program. I did a clean install (twice) and all other
Creator applications work as expected. I have not been able to find help on
the Roxio forums.

Peter

John Inzer

Re: Roxio Creator 9
Peter wrote:
> I have Roxio Creator 9 (which works fine on my desktop XP machine) on
> my Vista Sp1 laptop and cannot use Cineplayer. After the flash screen
> shows for several seconds I get "Cineplayer has stopped working" and
> a second message asking to close the program. I did a clean install
> (twice) and all other Creator applications work as expected. I have
> not been able to find help on the Roxio forums.
>
> Peter

Just wondering which version of Vista you are running?

Have you tried updating your video driver?

Does your system meet or exceed all the requirements?

System Requirements for Easy Media Creator 9
http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creat...?set-locale=en

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Peter

Re: Roxio Creator 9
Thanks for the reply John.

I have Vista Business with Sp1.
My video is a NAVIDA GeForce 6600 and is as up to date as possible.
The system does meet all the requirements.
The DVD drive is a Mat****a 831S with the latest Microsoft drivers.

Peter

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Peter wrote:
>> I have Roxio Creator 9 (which works fine on my desktop XP machine) on
>> my Vista Sp1 laptop and cannot use Cineplayer. After the flash screen
>> shows for several seconds I get "Cineplayer has stopped working" and
>> a second message asking to close the program. I did a clean install
>> (twice) and all other Creator applications work as expected. I have
>> not been able to find help on the Roxio forums.
>>
>> Peter

> Just wondering which version of Vista you are running?
>
> Have you tried updating your video driver?
>
> Does your system meet or exceed all the requirements?
>
> System Requirements for Easy Media Creator 9
> http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creat...?set-locale=en
>
> --
>
> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Roxio Creator 9
Peter wrote:
> Thanks for the reply John.
>
> I have Vista Business with Sp1.
> My video is a NAVIDA GeForce 6600 and is as up to date as possible.
> The system does meet all the requirements.
> The DVD drive is a Mat****a 831S with the latest Microsoft drivers.
>
> Peter

=============================
Here's a driver for your video adapter
dated October 15, 2008...Ver: 178.24...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...8.24_whql.html

Is that the driver you are currently using?

Updating the video driver may not be your
fix but it may be worth a try.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Peter

Re: Roxio Creator 9
Hi John.

It turns out that the NVIDIA driver does not support my video card. Toshiba
never produced a Vista driver for the 6600 series. I use a third party
driver from Laptopvideo2go.

> Peter wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply John.
>>
>> I have Vista Business with Sp1.
>> My video is a NAVIDA GeForce 6600 and is as up to date as possible.
>> The system does meet all the requirements.
>> The DVD drive is a Mat****a 831S with the latest Microsoft drivers.
>>
>> Peter

> =============================
> Here's a driver for your video adapter
> dated October 15, 2008...Ver: 178.24...
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvist...8.24_whql.html
>
> Is that the driver you are currently using?
>
> Updating the video driver may not be your
> fix but it may be worth a try.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Roxio Creator 9
Peter wrote:
> Hi John.
>
> It turns out that the NVIDIA driver does not support my video card.
> Toshiba never produced a Vista driver for the 6600 series. I use a
> third party driver from Laptopvideo2go.
>
> Peter

=============================
Thanks for the update....I guess there's
nothing you can do about the video driver.

Good luck finding a fix for Cineplayer.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience