No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center

geogDog

No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
I've just installed Windows Vista (32bit) Ultimate on a second machine in my
home network, and the content for on-line services is very different on them
both.

The regional settings for both of these machines are the same (Netherlands),
but the content is very different.

How can I add/change the on-line regional content for media center? I've
already looked into adding .mcl files into the AppData directory, but this
isn't the solution that I'm looking for.

Hopefully, someone can help me.
Curious

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
Are they both set to use the same Netherlands postal code.
"geogDog" <geogDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed Windows Vista (32bit) Ultimate on a second machine in
> my
> home network, and the content for on-line services is very different on
> them
> both.
>
> The regional settings for both of these machines are the same
> (Netherlands),
> but the content is very different.
>
> How can I add/change the on-line regional content for media center? I've
> already looked into adding .mcl files into the AppData directory, but this
> isn't the solution that I'm looking for.
>
> Hopefully, someone can help me.

geogDog

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
They are both using the same postcode (my postcode), but still nothing. The
only difference that I can think of, is that I can a TV card in the machine
when I installed Vista, but in my laptop, I have nothing but
internet.....maybe that's it? (but I would hope not, that implies a huge bug
in Vista Media Center).
Curious

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
How is your laptop connected to your broadband internet service?
> They are both using the same postcode (my postcode), but still nothing.
> The
> only difference that I can think of, is that I can a TV card in the
> machine
> when I installed Vista, but in my laptop, I have nothing but
> internet.....maybe that's it? (but I would hope not, that implies a huge
> bug
> in Vista Media Center).

geogDog

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
They are both connected to my LAN and access the internet via the same
gateway/router.
Curious

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
Are the two systems in amount of processing power and amount of RAM and
configured the same such as having Aero enabled or disabled or similar
amounts of Virtual memory?
> They are both connected to my LAN and access the internet via the same
> gateway/router.

geogDog

Re: No On-Line Services - Windows Media Center
The machines are both fresh installs of Vista. One system is a laptop, the
other a Dell PowerEdge SC440. They are both 2gb and a dual core processor.

Thanks for your help, but I can't see why this information is relevant to
not receiving on-line services which are obviously locale based.

Can you tell me which direction you are going?