discusion group profile

Brian Bartholomew

discusion group profile
The discussion group help pages states that the "Your Profile" page will
appear for completion as part of my first post. If it doesn't, my genuine
email address will appear instead of a false one. If the "Your Profile"
page does open, this post is superfluous.

John Inzer

Re: discusion group profile
Brian Bartholomew wrote:
> The discussion group help pages states that the "Your Profile" page
> will appear for completion as part of my first post. If it doesn't,
> my genuine email address will appear instead of a false one. If the
> "Your Profile" page does open, this post is superfluous.

The following article may be useful:

How to: Set Up Newsgroups in
Windows Mail
http://tinyurl.com/2u9jjf
or...
http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp...b-9ad40513af96

You may enter any name you wish at
Step 4. This will be the 'From" name
that shows on your messages.

You may enter any address you like at
Step 5. This e-mail address...real or fake...
will be included in your message headers
and can be accessed by highlighting a
message and typing Ctrl+F3

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

brikendor

Re: discusion group profile
Thanks for your help, John.

Rumplestiltzkin

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Brian Bartholomew wrote:
>> The discussion group help pages states that the "Your Profile" page
>> will appear for completion as part of my first post. If it doesn't,
>> my genuine email address will appear instead of a false one. If the
>> "Your Profile" page does open, this post is superfluous.

> The following article may be useful:
>
> How to: Set Up Newsgroups in
> Windows Mail
> http://tinyurl.com/2u9jjf
> or...
> http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp...b-9ad40513af96
>
> You may enter any name you wish at
> Step 4. This will be the 'From" name
> that shows on your messages.
>
> You may enter any address you like at
> Step 5. This e-mail address...real or fake...
> will be included in your message headers
> and can be accessed by highlighting a
> message and typing Ctrl+F3
>
> --
>
> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: discusion group profile
brikendor wrote:
> Thanks for your help, John.
>
> Rumplestiltzkin

=============================
You're welcome.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

66monks

Re: discusion group profile
It seems no longer possible to sign in to the "Vista Discussion Groups" web
page - meaning that threads can be viewed but not rated. There is a facility
in hotmail which allows rating of posts - a "RATE" button appears in the
post header. I used my wife's account to rate John Inzer's post - so I know
that the facility works. But I haven't a clue how to obtain the facility
(and my wife can't remember). Does anyone know how to obtain this facility?
It should be of general interest.
"brikendor" <nowhere@discussion.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for your help, John.
>
> Rumplestiltzkin
>
> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Brian Bartholomew wrote:
>>> The discussion group help pages states that the "Your Profile" page
>>> will appear for completion as part of my first post. If it doesn't,
>>> my genuine email address will appear instead of a false one. If the
>>> "Your Profile" page does open, this post is superfluous.

>> The following article may be useful:
>>
>> How to: Set Up Newsgroups in
>> Windows Mail
>> http://tinyurl.com/2u9jjf
>> or...
>> http://support.cox.com/sdccommon/asp...b-9ad40513af96
>>
>> You may enter any name you wish at
>> Step 4. This will be the 'From" name
>> that shows on your messages.
>>
>> You may enter any address you like at
>> Step 5. This e-mail address...real or fake...
>> will be included in your message headers
>> and can be accessed by highlighting a
>> message and typing Ctrl+F3
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer MS-MVP
>> Digital Media Experience
>>
>> Notice
>> This is not tech support
>> I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk

wholeratmob

RE: discusion group profile
The "help" article, "Getting started with Windows Vista discussion groups"
directs you to the "Windows Vista discussion groups" webpage. However,
because of an error, you can't sign in there. As an alternative click on
help in Windows Mail.
Click on community discussion groups.
Scroll down the left pane and click windows.
Scroll down and click Vista.
Sroll down and click the desired discussion goup.
Sign in and click the "edit my profile" button.
--
Brian