Blury pictures when watching large res panoramas in slideshow

Trond Erik

Blury pictures when watching large res panoramas in slideshow
Hi!

I have my LCD television connected to my Vista computer and use Photo as
screensaver with the pan and zoom effect to display pictures on my TV -
really great! I have installed Live Photo Gallery. Normal picture are shown
fine, but large resolution panoramas are really blury. This only happens when
they are shown in the screensaver or as part of a slideshow
, when I display them normally in Live Gallery they look as they should -
crisp and in high resolution.

Why is Live Gallery screensaver and slideshow handling such large resolution
pictures so badly? Can I fix this problem?

Best regards
Trond Erik
Blackbird

Re: Blury pictures when watching large res panoramas in slideshow

"Trond Erik" <TrondErik@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi!
>
> I have my LCD television connected to my Vista computer and use Photo as
> screensaver with the pan and zoom effect to display pictures on my TV -
> really great! I have installed Live Photo Gallery. Normal picture are
> shown
> fine, but large resolution panoramas are really blury. This only happens
> when
> they are shown in the screensaver or as part of a slideshow
> , when I display them normally in Live Gallery they look as they should -
> crisp and in high resolution.
>
> Why is Live Gallery screensaver and slideshow handling such large
> resolution
> pictures so badly? Can I fix this problem?
>
> Best regards
> Trond Erik

Better make a slideshow with Irfanview (free download), the Vista slideshow
is of poor quality, don't know why.

Trond Erik

"Blackbird" wrote:

> Better make a slideshow with Irfanview (free download), the Vista slideshow
> is of poor quality, don't know why.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I would still I still like to have the
screensaver show large res panoramas correctly. It is really beutiful to
display all our photograpgs on the TV when we're not using it, but it get a
bit ruined when panoramas are shown.

> "Blackbird" wrote:
>
>> Better make a slideshow with Irfanview (free download), the Vista
>> slideshow
>> is of poor quality, don't know why.

> Thanks for the suggestion, but I would still I still like to have the
> screensaver show large res panoramas correctly. It is really beutiful to
> display all our photograpgs on the TV when we're not using it, but it get
> bit ruined when panoramas are shown.
>
> Trond Erik

You may try to superimpose the panorama on a (black) 4:3 base layer and save
it as a new file. I did that trick on a 4:3 base with a width of 1920 pixels
(full HD) for projection on widescreen LCD tv.