How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Slidesh

CrazySaguaro

How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Slidesh
When listening to music in the Windows Vista Media Center (MUSIC > MUSIC
LIBRARY), you can choose your music to play and while playing, you are
presented with a VIEW SLIDESHOW button to the left. This plays pictures from
the hard drive(s) of the PC at random.

How do I control the folders that this PLAY SLIDESHOW button pulls from? I
have directories on some of the drives of the PC that I would like not to be
included in the slideshows.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

-Gina

oscar

RE: How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Slidesh
Hi,

In WMC menus try:
Tasks > Settings > Library Setup and choose folders that you want WMC to
look at
and uncheck those that you don't. See if that works.

Good luck.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"CrazySaguaro" wrote:

> When listening to music in the Windows Vista Media Center (MUSIC > MUSIC
> LIBRARY), you can choose your music to play and while playing, you are
> presented with a VIEW SLIDESHOW button to the left. This plays pictures from
> the hard drive(s) of the PC at random.
>
> How do I control the folders that this PLAY SLIDESHOW button pulls from? I
> have directories on some of the drives of the PC that I would like not to be
> included in the slideshows.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
>
> -Gina

CrazySaguaro

RE: How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Sli
I tried that first; it didn't seem to change the photos it was pulling at
all.

It is pulling any photos from different drives on the PC and a lot of the
photos are from folders that are not watched. For example, my MS Office
clipart and the sample images in the Public Pictures directory (which is not
watched).

oscar

RE: How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Sli
Hi,

Solution 2.

WMCenter looks at Pictures, Video, Music folder and other folders that have
been selected in Library Setup. It may take some time after you choose or
deselect the folders in Library Setup before WMC removes the folders that you
don’t want displayed.

Another thing you can try is Windows Media Player. I think that WMCenter
also shares the library of WMPlayer. Go to WMP > Library tab > more options >
Options/Library > Monitor Folders > select folders you don't want monitored
and add folders that you do want monitored.

After selecting this option it may take WMP and WMC a little bit of time to
rebuild their library.

Good luck.
--

"CrazySaguaro" wrote:

> I tried that first; it didn't seem to change the photos it was pulling at
> all.
>
> It is pulling any photos from different drives on the PC and a lot of the
> photos are from folders that are not watched. For example, my MS Office
> clipart and the sample images in the Public Pictures directory (which is not
> watched).

CrazySaguaro

RE: How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Sli
Does anyone know for sure how the Windows Media Center PLAY SLIDESHOW
function finds all the photos to display when it runs? The folders that are
being shown are random things like clip art and the directories they are in
are not watched in Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player. It seems to
span all drives and photo directories, but I'd like to restrict it.

Thanks for any assistance,
Gina

oscar

RE: How do you change the source directories in the WVMC "Play Sli
Solutions 1 or 2 that you were given works unless your Vista OS is damaged.