Vista not playing audio CDs

Ben

Vista not playing audio CDs
Windows Vista is playing DVDs and recognizes data CDs but it will not
recognize a Music CD, I've searched the web and tried the regedits on the
Apple site in case it was an iTunes issue. I've wiped everything out and
reinstalled Vista but nothing has helped. If you have any suggestions for how
to get Music CDs to play in Vista it'd be much appreciated they used to but
not anymore...
Airbot

Re: Vista not playing audio CDs

Ben;924092 Wrote:
> Windows Vista is playing DVDs and recognizes data CDs but it will not
> recognize a Music CD, I've searched the web and tried the regedits on
> the
> Apple site in case it was an iTunes issue. I've wiped everything out
> and
> reinstalled Vista but nothing has helped. If you have any suggestions
> for how
> to get Music CDs to play in Vista it'd be much appreciated they used to
> but
> not anymore...

Hi Ben,
A dialog box doesn't come up and ask you what to do when you put in
your cd?
Have you tried to change your options in the AutoPlay Settings?
Start Menu-Default Programs-Autoplay Settings and Set your Default
Programs.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/78...gs.html?filter

--
Airbot

If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
If you helped me then Thank You.
Aaron
Ben

Re: Vista not playing audio CDs
Hi, I've tried different players on AutoPlay and I found somewhere on the web
somebody saying to set everything to "Ask Everytime" I tried this as well and
still it does not work...

Ben;924350 Wrote:
> Hi, I've tried different players on AutoPlay and I found somewhere on
> the web
> somebody saying to set everything to "Ask Everytime" I tried this as
> well and
> still it does not work...

> > > not
> > > on
> > > out
> > > suggestions
> > > used to
> > >
> > > Hi Ben,
> > > A dialog box doesn't come up and ask you what to do when you put

> > in
> > > your cd?
> > > Have you tried to change your options in the AutoPlay Settings?
> > > Start Menu-Default Programs-Autoplay Settings and Set your

> > > Programs.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/78...gs.html?filter
> > >

> > > --
> > > Airbot
> > >
> > > If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
> > > If you helped me then Thank You.
> > > Aaron

Nothing pops up at all when you put a cd in? If it worked before, my
guess would be a malfunctioning disk drive. Does the data even show up
on the drive label when you look in at the drive in Computer? You could
always try running SFC to see if you have missing/corrupted files.
Generate a system health report and see if that tells you anything.
Check your Device Manager and see if you have a problem with the device.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66...and.html?ltr=S
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/82...ort.html?ltr=S