Video lag in windows vista x64

Pyroxide

Video lag in windows vista x64

Hi!
I just installed windows vista ultimate x64 on my PC and I've started
experiencing lag from time to time in videos I try to watch. (By closing
and reopening the video in VLC, it sometime plays normally (10% of the
time)). Also, the sound of the videos seems to be OK, only the images
lags behind at a less-than expected framerate. If I reboot my computer
and the first thing I do in windows is open the video I want to watch,
it plays fine 100% of the time.

This didn't occur by using the 32-bit version of Vista. I have a Quadro
FX 3400 graphic card and 4gigs of RAM in a HP Pavilion a6245n (Quad-core
2.4 ghz). Videos, in my opinion, shouldn't lag based on the computer I
have. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong with my computer? I also
want to point out that I have installed the latest driver for my graphic
card and it didn't change a thing. Also, the sound of the videos seems
to be OK, only the images lags behind at a less-than expected framerate.

Hope to here from someone soon!
Thanks,
Nick

--
Pyroxide
Clevo

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

You don't mention what sort of video files you are watching and how you
are watching it. Nor do you mention what other processes you are running
in the background.

When you say "lag" do you mean video and sound is "out of sync" or do
you mean the video is "choppy".

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Pyroxide

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

Hi Clevo!
Ok so, the video is choppy, the framerate is really low. For the
processes, nothing's running, it's a brand new installation of Windows.
The videos are xVids of movies downloaded from the internet. I'm using
VLC and Divx Player to watch them, and the problem occurs with both.

If there's anything else you need just ask!

Thanks again,
Nick

--
Pyroxide
Curious

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64
And if "out of sync" you do mention which one is lagging/
"Clevo" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> You don't mention what sort of video files you are watching and how you
> are watching it. Nor do you mention what other processes you are running
> in the background.
>
> When you say "lag" do you mean video and sound is "out of sync" or do
> you mean the video is "choppy".
>

> Pyroxide;923533 Wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I just installed windows vista ultimate x64 on my PC and I've started
>> experiencing lag from time to time in videos I try to watch. (By closing
>> and reopening the video in VLC, it sometime plays normally (10% of the
>> time)). Also, the sound of the videos seems to be OK, only the images
>> lags behind at a less-than expected framerate. If I reboot my computer
>> and the first thing I do in windows is open the video I want to watch,
>> it plays fine 100% of the time.
>>
>> This didn't occur by using the 32-bit version of Vista. I have a Quadro
>> FX 3400 graphic card and 4gigs of RAM in a HP Pavilion a6245n (Quad-core
>> 2.4 ghz). Videos, in my opinion, shouldn't lag based on the computer I
>> have. Do any of you have any idea what's wrong with my computer? I also
>> want to point out that I have installed the latest driver for my graphic
>> card and it didn't change a thing. Also, the sound of the videos seems
>> to be OK, only the images lags behind at a less-than expected framerate.
>>

>> Hope to here from someone soon!
>> Thanks,
>> Nick

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Pyroxide

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

Well.. like I said : The sound plays normally (not choppy or anything),
while the video only shows a frame every 3-4 seconds, but that frame
seems to be in sync with the audio.

--
Pyroxide
Curious

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64
Sorry I know nothing about solving problems in playing programs from the
Internet.
"Pyroxide" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi Clevo!
> Ok so, the video is choppy, the framerate is really low. For the
> processes, nothing's running, it's a brand new installation of Windows.
> The videos are xVids of movies downloaded from the internet. I'm using
> VLC and Divx Player to watch them, and the problem occurs with both.
>
> If there's anything else you need just ask!
>
> Thanks again,
> Nick
>

> --
> Pyroxide

Pyroxide

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

Also, if the movie is opened, I can pause it and unpause it when I want
and everything works fine.. I don't understand a thing.. -_-

--
Pyroxide
Curious

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64
It appears the video content may not be getting buffered into your computer
soon enough
Do you have disk cache and dma disk transfers enabled?
How much Virtual Memory do you have enabled?

> Also, if the movie is opened, I can pause it and unpause it when I want
> and everything works fine.. I don't understand a thing.. -_-
>

> --
> Pyroxide

Pyroxide

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

Hi!
DMA & Cache are activated and my virtual memory is set to 4394 MB.

--
Pyroxide
jemmaevansx

Re: Video lag in windows vista x64

Hey, sorry my question has nothing to do with this topic but i'm new in
here and wondering how to create a new thread? x

--
jemmaevansx