Windows Movie Maker @ 60FPS, is it possible?

MrNeeds

Windows Movie Maker @ 60FPS, is it possible?

Hi guys, i was just wondering if its possible to change the codec on
windows movie maker and have 60fps on the output video, i do a lot of
gaming and encode a lot of videos, i have noticed that the output file
can only be encoded to 29.97fps on NTSC and PAL is 25fps, since we are
in the HD age of technology, most high definition signals broadcast at
60fps or more (in some cases upto 100fps), any help of aftermarket
codecs i can get for WMM?

--
MrNeeds

Probed by admins!

Click on the Scales if i've Helped you
Clevo

Re: Windows Movie Maker @ 60FPS, is it possible?

What are you planning to broadcast and then use WMM to edit with?

My understanding the 60fps is 30fps of interlaced video.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Bender

Re: Windows Movie Maker @ 60FPS, is it possible?
You might want to try Windows Media Encoder instead. You can change the
frame rate.

Here is what its help file says about it.

"Frame rate. Type the frames per second (fps) for the video stream. The
amount that you adjust this value to depends on the speed of your computer
processor and whether you are encoding high-motion or low-motion video.
High-motion video generally looks smoother if you use a higher frame rate,
but a higher frame rate increases the amount of work the processor must
perform. The setting you specify represents the maximum fps. Depending on
factors such as the video size setting and available bandwidth, the actual
fps you achieve might be lower. "

"MrNeeds" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi guys, i was just wondering if its possible to change the codec on
> windows movie maker and have 60fps on the output video, i do a lot of
> gaming and encode a lot of videos, i have noticed that the output file
> can only be encoded to 29.97fps on NTSC and PAL is 25fps, since we are
> in the HD age of technology, most high definition signals broadcast at
> 60fps or more (in some cases upto 100fps), any help of aftermarket
> codecs i can get for WMM?
>

> --
> MrNeeds
>
> Probed by admins!
>
> Click on the Scales if i've Helped you

PapaJohn

Re: Windows Movie Maker @ 60FPS, is it possible?
see my website's Saving Movies > Custom WMV Profiles page.

the frame rate setting for NTSC can be 60, 30, 15, 10 and 7.5 - and for PAL,
the frame rate can be 50, 25, 12.5, 8.3, or 6.25

PapaJohn (MVP)

PapaJohn;923394 Wrote:
> see my website's Saving Movies > Custom WMV Profiles page.
>
> the frame rate setting for NTSC can be 60, 30, 15, 10 and 7.5 - and for
> PAL,
> the frame rate can be 50, 25, 12.5, 8.3, or 6.25
> --
> website references are to 'www.papajohn.org' (http://www.papajohn.org)
>
> PapaJohn (MVP)
>

> "MrNeeds" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:97acf893f5786959aa4e5d122acb51f1@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > Hi guys, i was just wondering if its possible to change the codec on
> > > windows movie maker and have 60fps on the output video, i do a lot of
> > > gaming and encode a lot of videos, i have noticed that the output

> > file
> > > can only be encoded to 29.97fps on NTSC and PAL is 25fps, since we

> > are
> > > in the HD age of technology, most high definition signals broadcast

> > at
> > > 60fps or more (in some cases upto 100fps), any help of aftermarket
> > > codecs i can get for WMM?
> > >

> > > --
> > > MrNeeds
> > >
> > > Probed by admins!
> > >
> > > Click on the Scales if i've Helped you > >

thank you very much guys, you have saved me a lot of time and money