Cant Play DVDs

mrhotdog

Cant Play DVDs
hey merry xmas to all. now i cant seem to play regular DVDs on windows media
player 11, i have installed a divx codec pack but to no avail. my other comp
runs xp with media player 10 i think and no probs? also is there anyway i can
get rid of WMP11 and go back to 10?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Cant Play DVDs

"now"? Did this break?

If this was working, then no codec pack would be useful: many would be
harmful.

What "MPEG filters" are listed under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
Information menu tool?

No, WMP11 has important fixes that WMP10 doesn't contain. WMP10 would work
poorly. Also the DVD playback in both cases requires the same component
that you either have or don't have, so if it doesn't work in WMP11 it
definitely wouldn't work in WMP10.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"mrhotdog" <mrhotdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hey merry xmas to all. now i cant seem to play regular DVDs on windows
> media
> player 11, i have installed a divx codec pack but to no avail. my other
> comp
> runs xp with media player 10 i think and no probs? also is there anyway i
> can
> get rid of WMP11 and go back to 10?

mrhotdog

Re: Cant Play DVDs
it hasnt worked for as long as i have had the laptop which isnt that long,
shouldve made that clear... where can i check what u just mentioned

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> "now"? Did this break?
>
> If this was working, then no codec pack would be useful: many would be
> harmful.
>
> What "MPEG filters" are listed under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
> Information menu tool?
>
> No, WMP11 has important fixes that WMP10 doesn't contain. WMP10 would work
> poorly. Also the DVD playback in both cases requires the same component
> that you either have or don't have, so if it doesn't work in WMP11 it
> definitely wouldn't work in WMP10.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "mrhotdog" <mrhotdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hey merry xmas to all. now i cant seem to play regular DVDs on windows
> > media
> > player 11, i have installed a divx codec pack but to no avail. my other
> > comp
> > runs xp with media player 10 i think and no probs? also is there anyway i
> > can
> > get rid of WMP11 and go back to 10?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Cant Play DVDs

What "MPEG filters" are listed under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
Information menu tool?

Press CTRL+M to see the Help menu in WMP if you don't know how to get to
that. =)

--
> it hasnt worked for as long as i have had the laptop which isnt that long,
> shouldve made that clear... where can i check what u just mentioned
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> "now"? Did this break?
>>
>> If this was working, then no codec pack would be useful: many would be
>> harmful.
>>
>> What "MPEG filters" are listed under WMP's Help:about:Technical Support
>> Information menu tool?
>>
>> No, WMP11 has important fixes that WMP10 doesn't contain. WMP10 would
>> work
>> poorly. Also the DVD playback in both cases requires the same component
>> that you either have or don't have, so if it doesn't work in WMP11 it
>> definitely wouldn't work in WMP10.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "mrhotdog" <mrhotdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hey merry xmas to all. now i cant seem to play regular DVDs on windows
>> > media
>> > player 11, i have installed a divx codec pack but to no avail. my other
>> > comp
>> > runs xp with media player 10 i think and no probs? also is there anyway
>> > can
>> > get rid of WMP11 and go back to 10?

xl990

Re: Cant Play DVDs