Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"

Mark Beiley

Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"
I get the error message "Error Synchronizing Project" when using DVD Maker.
I can add my items, but as soon as I press "Next" it immediately says "Error
synchronizing project". I'm adding AVI file(s). It doesn't matter what
item I add. I've added AVI files from different sources. It doesn't matter
what options I select under "Options...". I've double checked my path is
available for the temp files location. I've tried all different temp file
locations, including "<Default>". Nothing seems to matter. I don't know
how to reinstall, besides formatting my whole computer, and reinstalling
Vista. I have used DVD Maker before with success. This seemingly just
started. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Thanks,
Mark

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"

What codecs do the files use?
Does it work better if you use WMV files instead of AVI files? AVI files
are pretty random these days and are rather a headache. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Mark Beiley" <nowhere AT donotuse.com> wrote in message
>I get the error message "Error Synchronizing Project" when using DVD Maker.
>I can add my items, but as soon as I press "Next" it immediately says
>"Error synchronizing project". I'm adding AVI file(s). It doesn't matter
>what item I add. I've added AVI files from different sources. It doesn't
>matter what options I select under "Options...". I've double checked my
>path is available for the temp files location. I've tried all different
>temp file locations, including "<Default>". Nothing seems to matter. I
>don't know how to reinstall, besides formatting my whole computer, and
>reinstalling Vista. I have used DVD Maker before with success. This
>seemingly just started. Any suggestions or ideas would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Mark Beiley

Re: Windows DVD Maker error: "Error Synchronizing Project"
Hello,

It doesn't work if I use a WMV file either. I get the same error message.
The error message comes up pretty much immediately when I press the "Next"
button. As a test, I tried to create a DVD with the WMV file here:

http://support.microsoft.com/support...diaexample.wmv

I don't know what codecs my AVI files were using. I just captured them
using the Windows Import tool. How can I tell what codecs they are using?
I suspect this may not be the problem since the WMV files don't work either.

Thanks for your help.
Mark