Audio aout of sync on burned DVD...

SammyBar

Audio aout of sync on burned DVD...

Hi all,

I'm testing Windows Media Center. I recorded a tv show. The recorded
shows looks great using both windows media player and windows media
center. Then I burned a DVD from the recorded show. All made from
inside Windows Media Center. When playing the resulting DVD on a
comercial DVD player the audio is out of sync from the video. What is
wrong?
I have find a lot of deep technical information on how to fix such a
problem, but from the perspective of a non-technician user it is all
senseless. It is not possible it is so difficult to get done such a
simple task. Is it a problem of my Vista/Media Center misconfiguration
or it is really so difficult to burn a decent DVD?

Any hint is welcomed
Thanks in advance
Sammy

--
SammyBar
Ondrej Psencik

Re: Audio aout of sync on burned DVD...
It depends what kind is this video.

If this is MPEG4 then it is clear, you have to split audio and video, encode
video to MPEG2 and mux it on dvd with audio.
If it is MPEG2 then you probably replaced your mpeg2 encoder with some sort
of excrement, I am not sure.

I usually encode mpeg2 "manually" since Microsoft appz are very inflexible
on settings.

"SammyBar" <guest@unknown-email.com> píše v diskusním příspěvku

> Hi all,
>
> I'm testing Windows Media Center. I recorded a tv show. The recorded
> shows looks great using both windows media player and windows media
> center. Then I burned a DVD from the recorded show. All made from
> inside Windows Media Center. When playing the resulting DVD on a
> comercial DVD player the audio is out of sync from the video. What is
> wrong?
> I have find a lot of deep technical information on how to fix such a
> problem, but from the perspective of a non-technician user it is all
> senseless. It is not possible it is so difficult to get done such a
> simple task. Is it a problem of my Vista/Media Center misconfiguration
> or it is really so difficult to burn a decent DVD?
>
> Any hint is welcomed
> Thanks in advance
> Sammy
>

> --
> SammyBar

Clevo

Re: Audio aout of sync on burned DVD...

If you have options try recording in AVI rather than the more compressed
mpeg2.

If you can only record in mpeg2 try Type 1 rather than Type 2.

Basically, what I think is happening is the sound of the video is being
recorded in a seperate stream. and to cut a long story short when you
try to put them together again in a DVD the video will become more out
of sync the further you play the DVD.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
Gis Bun

RE: Audio aout of sync on burned DVD...
The video thet you burned - do you have the same issue if you view it in WMP
or any other media app?

If the media isn't in sync even on your PC's hard disk then it's probably a
hardware issue.

Usually your system is not strong enough for it to handle the audio and video.

Reducing the quality of the video helps. AVI might make things worse as most
AVI variants compress which means the processor(s) have to work harder.

For a decent quality video captured, you need plenty of memory and either a
very strong single core CPU or a dual core.

Less likely it could be the actual capture device or the software that is
doing the capture.

If the media is fine before burning then it's either the burning software or
your DVD has issues.