BBC iplayer reports javascript not enabled

MacGromit is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BBC iplayer reports javascript not enabled
Suddenly within the last few days my BBC iplayer will not download or stream video in IE7. The same problem exists with Channel 4 4OD and with Facebook video. Everything works okay when using Firefox (and Chrome) in Vista, and also in IE7 on my XP other system. The iplayer in Vista is reporting that javascript is not enabled but I have enabled everything in sight within IE7 Tools/Security, rebooting on several occasions. I have also renewed the WMP DRM and have updated Flash and all my other plug-ins. I have even tried downloading IE7 again and reinstalling. Within this forum another thread on DRM suggests that Vista can become corrupted. Is this my problem does anyone think please? I have even seen a suggestion somewhere on the internet that the most recent security updates for IE7 are suspected of being implicated. I use Norton 360 Security Suite - could there be some conflict going on? My Vista is pre-loaded and I don't have a replacement if it needs to be replaced, thus I would need to re-purchase. My preferred option would therefore be to continue with Firefox if that's what it comes down to, but I would rather have a fully functional Vista/IE7 system. Any further suggestions please?
les

RE: BBC iplayer reports javascript not enabled
I am having the same problem with IE7. Anything that requires that JavaScript
be enabled does not seem to work anymore. Everything worked fine until
recently. I have done everything you have done except reload IE7. You are
probably right that it's a problem associated with a recent security update.