How To Edit Video Files To Rip

Saidas

How To Edit Video Files To Rip

I'm not having success figuring out how to select which files I want to
rip from a DVD to my pc. This is my first experience in doing this and
I'm thinking about in the same term I would ripping a cd...before
ripping you see the names of the files and select which ones you want to
rip. I have not found a way to do this either with WMP11 or with a dvd
decrypter. All the files show but tags like VTS_02_5.VOB which doesn't
indicate which section it is and Windows doesn't open VOB or BUP files.

And if I happen to find an experienced person here, when I try to rip
the DVD to decrypt it, only the video files show...no audio. ?????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Saidas
John Inzer

Re: How To Edit Video Files To Rip
Saidas wrote:
> I'm not having success figuring out how to select which files I want
> to rip from a DVD to my pc. This is my first experience in doing this
> and I'm thinking about in the same term I would ripping a cd...before
> ripping you see the names of the files and select which ones you want
> to rip. I have not found a way to do this either with WMP11 or with a
> dvd decrypter.

============================
Maybe I can get you started.

It's not like ripping a CD and WMP
cannot RIP a DVD.

And...no you will not see identifiable
file names.
============================
> All the files show but tags like VTS_02_5.VOB which
> doesn't indicate which section it is and Windows doesn't open VOB or
> BUP files.

============================
These are the normal files you find on
all DVDs.
============================
> And if I happen to find an experienced person here, when I try to rip
> the DVD to decrypt it, only the video files show...no audio. ?????

============================
The main content is in the VOB files...
including audio.
============================
> Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

============================
VLC Media Player will play the .vob files and
in most cases you can rename them from .vob
to .mpeg and play them in WMP.

VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

Be careful about ripping copyrighted material.

How To Rip A DVD
http://www.wikihow.com/Rip-a-DVD
Scroll down to , Warnings...

The following program should RIP the DVD.

DVDFab HD Decrypter
http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

DVDFab Decrypter - Guide - Tutorial
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Revi...rticleId=15715

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Saidas

Re: How To Edit Video Files To Rip

Great reply! Thanks. I'm using AVS decrypter and I followed the process
you outlined but alothough both video and audio folders appear, only the
video folders have file in them.??? This happened with a couple of DVD I
ripped. Any idea what's happening?

Steven

Saidas wrote:
> Great reply! Thanks. I'm using AVS decrypter and I followed the
> process you outlined but alothough both video and audio folders
> appear, only the video folders have file in them.??? This happened
> with a couple of DVD I ripped. Any idea what's happening?
>
> Steven

==============================
What's happening is exactly what I
told you would happen....