Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing

RogMJ007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing
I've tried several times to burn my video clips to either my hard drive or a DVD. When I burn them to my hard drive it fails at 49%. This has occured several times. When I burn it to a DVD, it fails around 46%.

What is the problem?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing

What content type is the source content?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3kja8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I've tried several times to burn my video clips to either my hard drive
> or a DVD. When I burn them to my hard drive it fails at 49%. This has
> occured several times. When I burn it to a DVD, it fails around 46%.
>
> What is the problem?
>

> --
> RogMJ007

RogMJ007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing
Thanks for the response. The content extension is .m2ts (MPEG2-TS file)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachd [MSFT] View Post
What content type is the source content?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems. for some helpful WMP info.
"RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3kja8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I've tried several times to burn my video clips to either my hard drive
> or a DVD. When I burn them to my hard drive it fails at 49%. This has
> occured several times. When I burn it to a DVD, it fails around 46%.
>
> What is the problem?
>

> --
> RogMJ007

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing

WMP for Vista doesn't really natively support M2S- do they play back
correctly for you there? It sounds like decoding the file is failing at
49%. If you convert the file to a system-natively-supported-type first,
this might work better. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3klhg3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the response. The content extension is .m2ts (MPEG2-TS
> file)
>
> 'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
>> ;1107654']What content type is the source content?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player
>> problems.' (http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html) for some helpful WMP info.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3kja8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > I've tried several times to burn my video clips to either my hard

>> drive
>> > or a DVD. When I burn them to my hard drive it fails at 49%. This

>> has
>> > occured several times. When I burn it to a DVD, it fails around

>> 46%.
>> >
>> > What is the problem?
>> >

>> > --
>> > RogMJ007

> RogMJ007

RogMJ007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing
The files run in Windows Media player and Movie Maker. That's why I'm surprised the app cannot publish the videos. I have created movies before this one. Yet, this is the first time I've attempted this with output from a camcorder. I'll have to try another format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachd [MSFT] View Post
WMP for Vista doesn't really natively support M2S- do they play back
correctly for you there? It sounds like decoding the file is failing at
49%. If you convert the file to a system-natively-supported-type first,
this might work better. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
See WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems. for some helpful WMP info.
"RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3klhg3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the response. The content extension is .m2ts (MPEG2-TS
> file)
>
> 'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
>> ;1107654']What content type is the source content?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player
>> problems.' (WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems.) for some helpful WMP info.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "RogMJ007" <RogMJ007.3kja8f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >
>> > I've tried several times to burn my video clips to either my hard
>> drive
>> > or a DVD. When I burn them to my hard drive it fails at 49%. This
>> has
>> > occured several times. When I burn it to a DVD, it fails around
>> 46%.
>> >
>> > What is the problem?
>> >

>> > --
>> > RogMJ007

> RogMJ007

GraceKivlehan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing
Hi,
I am using moviemaker 6. I have compiled an important movie with it but everytime I try to publish it the application crashes. I recieve no error message, just a window saying movie maker will restart. The log file is as follows: It is the same fault everytime. I would REALLY appreciate some help with this.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcd1
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00003548
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 6153
Additional Information 1: de84
Additional Information 2: 5a81db4e3a19305b0e09cf974073d4e4
Additional Information 3: 07c7
Additional Information 4: 0aead93a1b241fae9963db526ea6fc0a

GraceKivlehan is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing
also the movie is compiled of jpegs, mp3 and avi files, if this helps.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing

Which codec pack did you install?
You installed some bad third party software that registered that codec in a
way that it should never be registered on VIsta. Run "regsvr32 /u
iac25_32.ax" from a cmd.exe prompt run as administrator and then this will
be fixed up.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"GraceKivlehan" <GraceKivlehan.3ksuoh@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in

> Hi,
> I am using moviemaker 6. I have compiled an important movie with it but
> everytime I try to publish it the application crashes. I recieve no
> error message, just a window saying movie maker will restart. The log
> file is as follows: It is the same fault everytime. I would REALLY
> appreciate some help with this.
> *problem signature:
> *problem event name: appcrash
> application name: moviemk.exe
> application version: 6.0.6000.16386
> application timestamp: 4549b5b6
> fault module name: iac25_32.ax
> fault module version: 2.0.5.53
> fault module timestamp: 4549bcd1
> exception code: c0000005
> exception offset: 00003548
> os version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
> locale id: 6153
> additional information 1: de84
> additional information 2: 5a81db4e3a19305b0e09cf974073d4e4
> additional information 3: 07c7
> additional information 4: 0aead93a1b241fae9963db526ea6fc0a
>

> --
> GraceKivlehan

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows Movie Maker fails during publishing

OK, I made sure that if you use Check for Solutions on this in the future
you should definitely get the correct response. There was one rare crash
variant that didn't have the response set: that's handled now. Thanks for
pointing that out.