Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11

Keith

Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11
Hello. Odd issue that is irritating to me. I use an 8gb USB flash drive to
sync to for mobile listening. I always hit the "Shuffle Now" dialog before
syncing, but the "shuffle" never "sticks". When I push "sync", the songs
revert back to the original order (which invariably is sorted by artist).
Very frustrating minor issue.

BTW, I am using the 64bit version. Not sure if it actually works any better
than the 32bit on my Vista Ultimate box, but read somewhere how to make the
64 bit the "default" so I did.

Any suggestions? Revert back to 32 bit and see if it has the problem?
Anything else?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11

Which order are you referring: the files that are copied to the device, are
*how* the files are listed on the device?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. Odd issue that is irritating to me. I use an 8gb USB flash drive
> sync to for mobile listening. I always hit the "Shuffle Now" dialog
> before
> syncing, but the "shuffle" never "sticks". When I push "sync", the songs
> revert back to the original order (which invariably is sorted by artist).
> Very frustrating minor issue.
>
> BTW, I am using the 64bit version. Not sure if it actually works any
> better
> than the 32bit on my Vista Ultimate box, but read somewhere how to make
> the
> 64 bit the "default" so I did.
>
> Any suggestions? Revert back to 32 bit and see if it has the problem?
> Anything else?

Keith

Re: Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11
Thanks for the reply zach. I drag the songs I want to sync to the right
"sync area" and I click shuffle now, or something to that effect. The songs
suffieciently shuffle as veiwed in the list on the right side of WMP11.

Then I click the "Sync" button at the bottom and a new window appears with
all the songs listed in the ORIGINAL order as when I dragged them to the sync
window. Syncing has begun by now, and I can no longer shuffle the songs in
this window.

The songs are coming from a WHS box so perhaps after "shuffling", I am not
waiting long enough for the files to actually "move around"? Not sure.

BTW, the songs appear (are copied to) on the device in the order they were
synced...i.e., NOT shuffled.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Which order are you referring: the files that are copied to the device, are
> *how* the files are listed on the device?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello. Odd issue that is irritating to me. I use an 8gb USB flash drive
> > sync to for mobile listening. I always hit the "Shuffle Now" dialog
> > before
> > syncing, but the "shuffle" never "sticks". When I push "sync", the songs
> > revert back to the original order (which invariably is sorted by artist).
> > Very frustrating minor issue.
> >
> > BTW, I am using the 64bit version. Not sure if it actually works any
> > better
> > than the 32bit on my Vista Ultimate box, but read somewhere how to make
> > the
> > 64 bit the "default" so I did.
> >
> > Any suggestions? Revert back to 32 bit and see if it has the problem?
> > Anything else?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Songs won't shuffle during sync with wmp11

Oh: are you in the Library tab when you click Shuffe List Now? It sounds
like you're in that pane instead of the Sync pane. Thus you're shuffling a
temporary playlist that gets thrown out and the new Sync list is built off
of the old list (?).