Codecs

Trek

Codecs
Hi,

1. how can I configure which codecs are going to be used with particular
media types (Vista)?

The problem is that if there is installed many various media softwares there
are many codecs
for the same content and I do not wish that. The applications can have
problems, such as
Windows DVD Maker that can properly work if the right codec is used.

2. How can I set up encoding paramters for Windows DVD Maker, I would like
from DVD maker only to mux already coded content to DVD without encoding.

3. How can I frameserver DVD maker with AviSynth. E.g. Windows media player
is working
with AviSynth.

Thanks

Trek

Trek

Re: Codecs
hmm thanks for answers

1. I can enable or disable codecs but it is not really what I want, I want
to choose default codec for particular situation

2. guess it is not possible

3. it would be great if it is possible to frameserver dvd maker

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
> Hi,
>
> 1. how can I configure which codecs are going to be used with particular
> media types (Vista)?
>
> The problem is that if there is installed many various media softwares
> there are many codecs
> for the same content and I do not wish that. The applications can have
> problems, such as
> Windows DVD Maker that can properly work if the right codec is used.
>
> 2. How can I set up encoding paramters for Windows DVD Maker, I would like
> from DVD maker only to mux already coded content to DVD without encoding.
>
> 3. How can I frameserver DVD maker with AviSynth. E.g. Windows media
> player is working
> with AviSynth.
>
> Thanks
>
> Trek

Trek

Re: Codecs
This Vista and bundled Sw is crazy.
I do not know what I did, but dvd maker is now eating avisynth files.

So the last one prob is how to change encoding parameters.
Because I would really like to change at least audio bitrate.

> hmm thanks for answers
>
> 1. I can enable or disable codecs but it is not really what I want, I want
> to choose default codec for particular situation
>
> 2. guess it is not possible
>
> 3. it would be great if it is possible to frameserver dvd maker
>

> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. how can I configure which codecs are going to be used with particular
>> media types (Vista)?
>>
>> The problem is that if there is installed many various media softwares
>> there are many codecs
>> for the same content and I do not wish that. The applications can have
>> problems, such as
>> Windows DVD Maker that can properly work if the right codec is used.
>>
>> 2. How can I set up encoding paramters for Windows DVD Maker, I would
>> like
>> from DVD maker only to mux already coded content to DVD without encoding.
>>
>> 3. How can I frameserver DVD maker with AviSynth. E.g. Windows media
>> player is working
>> with AviSynth.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Trek

Trek

Re: Codecs
Ok so it is strange.

In 32 bit vista ultimate dvd maker can eat avisynth files.
In 64 bit vista home premium dvd maker can not eat avisynth files.

I checked that graph is the same in both environments
AVI Decompessor -- Video Renderer for video and DefaultDirectSound Device
for audio

I wish I could understand this.

"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
> hmm thanks for answers
>
> 1. I can enable or disable codecs but it is not really what I want, I want
> to choose default codec for particular situation
>
> 2. guess it is not possible
>
> 3. it would be great if it is possible to frameserver dvd maker
>

> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1. how can I configure which codecs are going to be used with particular
>> media types (Vista)?
>>
>> The problem is that if there is installed many various media softwares
>> there are many codecs
>> for the same content and I do not wish that. The applications can have
>> problems, such as
>> Windows DVD Maker that can properly work if the right codec is used.
>>
>> 2. How can I set up encoding paramters for Windows DVD Maker, I would
>> like
>> from DVD maker only to mux already coded content to DVD without encoding.
>>
>> 3. How can I frameserver DVD maker with AviSynth. E.g. Windows media
>> player is working
>> with AviSynth.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Trek

Trek

Re: Codecs
Ok so now its clear.

After some debugging sessions I realized that dvd maker is 64 bit
application (which is clear) and can not load codecs.

On the other hand Windows Media Player is 32-bit application, which is
clear, because if it would be 64 bit we could
not watch anything and users would eat Microsoft.

Isn't it lame?

> Ok so it is strange.
>
> In 32 bit vista ultimate dvd maker can eat avisynth files.
> In 64 bit vista home premium dvd maker can not eat avisynth files.
>
> I checked that graph is the same in both environments
> AVI Decompessor -- Video Renderer for video and DefaultDirectSound Device
> for audio
>
> I wish I could understand this.
>

> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>> hmm thanks for answers
>>
>> 1. I can enable or disable codecs but it is not really what I want, I
>> want to choose default codec for particular situation
>>
>> 2. guess it is not possible
>>
>> 3. it would be great if it is possible to frameserver dvd maker
>>

>> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> 1. how can I configure which codecs are going to be used with particular
>>> media types (Vista)?
>>>
>>> The problem is that if there is installed many various media softwares
>>> there are many codecs
>>> for the same content and I do not wish that. The applications can have
>>> problems, such as
>>> Windows DVD Maker that can properly work if the right codec is used.
>>>
>>> 2. How can I set up encoding paramters for Windows DVD Maker, I would
>>> like
>>> from DVD maker only to mux already coded content to DVD without
>>> encoding.
>>>
>>> 3. How can I frameserver DVD maker with AviSynth. E.g. Windows media
>>> player is working
>>> with AviSynth.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Trek

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Codecs

Sounds like you want to request a 64bit version of AVISynth...

Eating Microsoft probably isn't a helpful response to the actual problem at
hand. It sounds like Microsoft generally has done the 64bit work here and
you and I are just waiting for others to catch up. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> wrote in message
> Ok so now its clear.
>
> After some debugging sessions I realized that dvd maker is 64 bit
> application (which is clear) and can not load codecs.
>
> On the other hand Windows Media Player is 32-bit application, which is
> clear, because if it would be 64 bit we could
> not watch anything and users would eat Microsoft.
>
> Isn't it lame?
>

> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>> Ok so it is strange.
>>
>> In 32 bit vista ultimate dvd maker can eat avisynth files.
>> In 64 bit vista home premium dvd maker can not eat avisynth files.
>>
>> I checked that graph is the same in both environments
>> AVI Decompessor -- Video Renderer for video and DefaultDirectSound Device
>> for audio
>>
>> I wish I could understand this.
>>

>> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>>> hmm thanks for answers
>>>
>>> 1. I can enable or disable codecs but it is not really what I want, I
>>> want to choose default codec for particular situation
>>>
>>> 2. guess it is not possible
>>>
>>> 3. it would be great if it is possible to frameserver dvd maker
>>>

>>> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku

Trek

Re: Codecs
Hmm, then I give Micosoft B- mark on its homework.

Because I can not somehow understand why many Microsoft applications and
components in my 64-bit operating system are 32-bit.
I understand support for 32-bit apps, its great, but not applications.

Maybe your programmers were lazy to launch 64-bit build on that apps.
I guess it is time for reduction diet and some sport activities for your
programmers to activise them.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
příspěvku news:117B34AF-2811-4FCB-9750-889E1611D51E@microsoft.com...

> Sounds like you want to request a 64bit version of AVISynth...
>
> Eating Microsoft probably isn't a helpful response to the actual problem
> at hand. It sounds like Microsoft generally has done the 64bit work here
> and you and I are just waiting for others to catch up. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> wrote in message
>> Ok so now its clear.
>>
>> After some debugging sessions I realized that dvd maker is 64 bit
>> application (which is clear) and can not load codecs.
>>
>> On the other hand Windows Media Player is 32-bit application, which is
>> clear, because if it would be 64 bit we could
>> not watch anything and users would eat Microsoft.
>>
>> Isn't it lame?
>>

>> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku
>>> Ok so it is strange.
>>>
>>> In 32 bit vista ultimate dvd maker can eat avisynth files.
>>> In 64 bit vista home premium dvd maker can not eat avisynth files.
>>>
>>> I checked that graph is the same in both environments
>>> AVI Decompessor -- Video Renderer for video and DefaultDirectSound
>>> Device for audio
>>>
>>> I wish I could understand this.
>>>

>>> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> píše v diskusním příspěvku

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Codecs

Your continued attempts at derogatory and mean-spirited comments might be of
value to you, but they're of little interest to me. If it ever mattered -
and it doesn't - everyone I work with is generally pretty fit. For example,
I did a 200 mile bike race last year with my team. You may be interested in
reviewing published pictures of employees: you have a weird
obsession/misperception here, and it should be easy to educate yourself.

I understand it is permanently in vogue to hate and insult others, but it's
kind of my hope that at some point in our civilisation we can maybe move
beyond that and focus on things that matter.

Happy holidays,
-Zach
--
> Maybe your programmers were lazy to launch 64-bit build on that apps.
> I guess it is time for reduction diet and some sport activities for your
> programmers to activise them.

Trek

Re: Codecs
You forgot one very significant detail,
we had to pay biiig money to get Windows Vista (I have 2 licenses),
and applications are not working properly,
so you are hardly in position to defent developers.

And we did not get what we paid for. I paid for 64-bit with 64-bit apps so I
would like to have 64bit WMP.

Otherwise I was not writing about you but Microsoft programmers.
I guess insulting is very proper when the higly paid stuff is not working
and there is no visible progress to make corrections.

Happy Christmas

but you programmers should be at work during Christmas and repair things, I
hope all security holes in IE will be repaired soon.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
příspěvku news:O8UjxA%23XJHA.5312@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> And we did not get what we paid for. I paid for 64-bit with 64-bit apps so
> I would like to have 64bit WMP.

Um, you already have 64bit WMP on a 64bit Vista system:
%programfiles%\windows media player\wmplayer.exe
%programfiles(x86)%\windows media player\wmplayer.exe
Former is 64bit, latter is 32bit.

> Otherwise I was not writing about you but Microsoft programmers.

That ~does~ happen to be my day job, so you are actually covering me in that
group. =)
And I did work on these very specific areas and issues you are attempting to
work with, so yes, it can indeed be said that you are writing about me. =)

> I guess insulting is very proper when the higly paid stuff is not working
> and there is no visible progress to make corrections.

You complained that you didn't get a 64bit player, and yet it's already on
your system. Evidently these people are so good they went back in time to
make you happy.

I appreciate that you a) have passion and b) are new to this area. It would
probably be worthwhile to pause and try to understand things before standing
in judgement. I always find it shameful when I'm mean to people as regards
something I was wrong about. One way I personally try to avoid this is by
being polite and relatively respectful. But that's just me.

I'm happy I solved your "no 64bit player" problem.

Happy holidays,
-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.