Album art & folder pictures...

Howard Woodard

Album art & folder pictures...
I have lots of music folders. Most have the correct album art -- though I
don't know where it comes from or how it gets displayed -- but some have
pictures that have nothing to do with what's in the folder. I have
displayed hidden files and there aren't any hidden graphic files in these
folders. Also, I have used the properties dialog to change the folder
picture file and even though it appears to work properly, the folder picture
does not change.

I've looked around but haven't found anything that explains any of this or
gives me some idea of how to force the folders to display the correct album
art or picture of my choice.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thanks in advance,

Howard

Jeff Richards

Re: Album art & folder pictures...
This is a known bug. As far as I am aware there is no fix available yet.
You may be able to get the folders to display the correct image by changing
the folder template and/or changing the icon and then setting it back to the
default icon, or simply choosing a different image and then changing it back
to the default. But it doesn't always work, and the incorrect image
eventually re-appears

It's not restricted to music folders; it can affect any folder, but it does
seem to apply more to folders that have some form of customization. It also
appears that the selection of the incorrect images is not random, as the
same images seem to reappear on the same folders.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
"Howard Woodard" <woodard@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have lots of music folders. Most have the correct album art -- though I
>don't know where it comes from or how it gets displayed -- but some have
>pictures that have nothing to do with what's in the folder. I have
>displayed hidden files and there aren't any hidden graphic files in these
>folders. Also, I have used the properties dialog to change the folder
>picture file and even though it appears to work properly, the folder
>picture does not change.
>
> I've looked around but haven't found anything that explains any of this or
> gives me some idea of how to force the folders to display the correct
> album art or picture of my choice.
>
> Can anyone offer any help on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Howard

Howard Woodard

Re: Album art & folder pictures...
Thanks Jeff. It helps that I now know there's nothing I can do about it and
can quit fussing with it.

Regards,

Howard