Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

GW

Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU was
upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running flawlessly -
after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the fix,
please?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001201b1
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5798
Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
Additional Information 3: 2985
Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

Curious

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to insure
that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan?
Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added
memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem?
"GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU was
> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
> flawlessly -
> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the fix,
> please?
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
> Application Timestamp: 47919356
> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 001201b1
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 5798
> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
> Additional Information 3: 2985
> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

Nah, this is an actual crash that involves needing to reset a cache. If you
see the Indiv01.key in the module name area, have them follow these steps:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664/en-us

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to
> insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan?
> Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added
> memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem?
> "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU
>> was
>> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
>> flawlessly -
>> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the
>> fix,
>> please?
>>
>> Problem signature:
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
>> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
>> Application Timestamp: 47919356
>> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
>> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 001201b1
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: 5798
>> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
>> Additional Information 3: 2985
>> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

This should fix you up:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664/en-us

--
Speaking for myself only.
"GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU was
> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
> flawlessly -
> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the fix,
> please?
>
> Problem signature:
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
> Application Timestamp: 47919356
> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 001201b1
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: 5798
> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
> Additional Information 3: 2985
> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

GW

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

Thanks for the accurate and quick reply! Runs great as a result.
Unfortunately ot high lights one more reason to never purchse media on line.
I know I could have undone the hardware changes and save the DRM stuff - but
had one file not worth the bother. There must be some better way to handle
DRM. For instance I live on two continents with a desk top at each location.
I don't travel with a laptop but I do want my music at each location. I only
access one location at a time. Further more I would want to be free to make
the hardware changes without the hassel!

Thanks again,

GW
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Nah, this is an actual crash that involves needing to reset a cache. If you
> see the Indiv01.key in the module name area, have them follow these steps:

> Speaking for myself only.
> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to
> > insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan?
> > Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added
> > memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem?
> > "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU
> >> was
> >> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
> >> flawlessly -
> >> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the
> >> fix,
> >> please?
> >>
> >> Problem signature:
> >> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> >> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> >> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
> >> Application Timestamp: 47919356
> >> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
> >> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
> >> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
> >> Exception Code: c0000005
> >> Exception Offset: 001201b1
> >> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
> >> Locale ID: 1033
> >> Additional Information 1: 5798
> >> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
> >> Additional Information 3: 2985
> >> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

The right people are well aware of this issue.

--
Speaking for myself only.

> Thanks for the accurate and quick reply! Runs great as a result.
> Unfortunately ot high lights one more reason to never purchse media on
> line.
> I know I could have undone the hardware changes and save the DRM stuff -
> but
> had one file not worth the bother. There must be some better way to handle
> DRM. For instance I live on two continents with a desk top at each
> location.
> I don't travel with a laptop but I do want my music at each location. I
> only
> access one location at a time. Further more I would want to be free to
> make
> the hardware changes without the hassel!
>
> Thanks again,
>
> GW
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Nah, this is an actual crash that involves needing to reset a cache. If
>> you
>> see the Indiv01.key in the module name area, have them follow these
>> steps:

>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Curious" <mailmenot@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> > When you changed the CPU are you sure that there was enough paste to
>> > insure that the CPU would not overheat and with your existing CPU fan?
>> > Have you tried taking it back to 2GB in order to determine if the added
>> > memory or the CPU upgrade is causing your problem?

Trek

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
But not in Windows Media Player 11.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
příspěvku news:eney4kbVJHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

> This should fix you up:

> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU
>> was
>> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
>> flawlessly -
>> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the
>> fix,
>> please?
>>
>> Problem signature:
>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
>> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
>> Application Timestamp: 47919356
>> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
>> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
>> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
>> Exception Code: c0000005
>> Exception Offset: 001201b1
>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
>> Locale ID: 1033
>> Additional Information 1: 5798
>> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
>> Additional Information 3: 2985
>> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

Could you expand your comment to explain exactly what you're negating?

That particular and exact crash cited was likely caused by the processor
upgrade. The KB I mentioned should work fine to resolve the issue.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> wrote in message
> But not in Windows Media Player 11.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
> příspěvku news:eney4kbVJHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>
>> This should fix you up:

>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "GW" <GW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> My Vista Ultimate hardware just went from 2 GB RAM to 4 GB and the CPU
>>> was
>>> upgraded to an Intel E8500. Before upgrade Media 11 was running
>>> flawlessly -
>>> after upgrade it crashes about ten seconds after loading. What is the
>>> fix,
>>> please?
>>>
>>> Problem signature:
>>> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>>> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
>>> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
>>> Application Timestamp: 47919356
>>> Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
>>> Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
>>> Fault Module Timestamp: 47e49397
>>> Exception Code: c0000005
>>> Exception Offset: 001201b1
>>> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
>>> Locale ID: 1033
>>> Additional Information 1: 5798
>>> Additional Information 2: e96ef8aeffae54044c8875756e1dba12
>>> Additional Information 3: 2985
>>> Additional Information 4: 0f093ffc3c3c617c1d39ce7dff556821

Trek

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade
I mean this kb article is applicable for wmp <= 10.
Wmm 11 does not have license management.

So how can user find this article and recognize that part of this
information
is applicable for wmp crash?

Should not be WMP robust enough to eat also inconsistent data?

I thought that this is basic test Microsoft is doing for its software
products.

This is P1, real blocker, you can file it in your issue system for wmp team.

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
příspěvku news:uBBrrt$WJHA.552@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

> Could you expand your comment to explain exactly what you're negating?
>
> That particular and exact crash cited was likely caused by the processor
> upgrade. The KB I mentioned should work fine to resolve the issue.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> rights.
> --
> "Trek" <trecicek_no_spam@centrum.cz> wrote in message
>> But not in Windows Media Player 11.
>>
>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> píše v diskusním
>> příspěvku news:eney4kbVJHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> This should fix you up:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664/en-us
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media 11 crashes after CPU upgrade

I thought I responded, but I don't see the response.

The article covers Vista and thus applies to WMP11. You are in error here:
ignore step 1 if you're on WMP11. This is mentioned in the steps, I
believe.
The Applies to area has merely not been updated yet.