Re: DVD Maker won't read Divx .avi files, even though WMP will

AstaLaVista

Re: DVD Maker won't read Divx .avi files, even though WMP will

This may not be a solution as some people are weary of codec packs. I
use this one on my XP & Vista boot and I am happy with it.

For the most part I hate the intrusion and quirkiness of WMP and this
codec pack comes in with a Zoom player that will play everything you
want to throw at it, aside from giving you the necesary codecs.

'Combined Community Codec Pack' (http://www.cccp-project.net/)

--
AstaLaVista
ellenvl

Re: DVD Maker won't read Divx .avi files, even though WMP will

If I want to burn an AVI file using the program Microsoft DVD maker, it
gives me the message that the file is invalid or corrupted.
I do not understand why this is happening because the file is not
corrupt and I do not know why it would be invalid. I am able to open the
file and play the AVI file with different dvd players but I can not open
it in Microsoft DVD maker.

What can I do in order to put this file on a dvd using Microsoft DVD
player?
My computer is a 64 bit, so maybe that's why it does not work?

Thanks,
Ellen

--
ellenvl
Graham Hughes

Re: DVD Maker won't read Divx .avi files, even though WMP will
Do you want to make a video dvd or a data dvd?
Data dvd, use your normal burning software, so nero or roxio or whatever.
Video dvd, the file needs to be converted to mpeg2 in order for dvd maker ot
make your dvd, use something like super to convert.
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/WebPa...Programmes.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media