Missing Pictures Folder (Vista Home Basic)

Akitakara

Missing Pictures Folder (Vista Home Basic)

Hey guys,

My friend has a problem that really has me stumped.

Recently, my friend (Running Vista Home Basic) discovered that her
pictures folder has vanished into thin air.

The link on the start menu does not work, and the folder does not
appear in the Users folder or Recylcing bin.

My friend is very stressed out and wants to be able to recover the
pictures, please help us out.

I am aware that I can recreate the folder using the shell command, but
we need the pictures as well. I have tried using Search and Recovere (by
iolo) and File Recover (by PC Tools) but both could not find the
pictures. My friend HAS been moving folders around though, such as the
video folder into the documents folder.

I have checked all subfolders of the Documents Folder and still no luck

--
Akitakara
barman58

Re: Missing Pictures Folder (Vista Home Basic)

Hi Akitakara, and welcome to the vista forums arty:

All I can suggest you do in this situation is an advanced search,
WinKey+F, set it to include non indexed locations in the search and to
search computer. if you serch for one of the missing file names that may
find it (and the missing folder) if it still exists on the machine. Be
warned that the search may take a while

another recovery tool I've found effective is Recuva

http://www.recuva.com/

they also have their own forums at the site which may provide further
help

--
barman58

*'Want to learn about Windows 7 - Click Here'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/)*
SIW2

Akitakara;896805 Wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> My friend has a problem that really has me stumped.
>
> Recently, my friend (Running Vista Home Basic) discovered that her
> pictures folder has vanished into thin air.
>
> The link on the start menu does not work, and the folder does not
> appear in the Users folder or Recylcing bin.
>
> My friend is very stressed out and wants to be able to recover the
> pictures, please help us out.
>

> I am aware that I can recreate the folder using the shell command, but
> we need the pictures as well. I have tried using Search and Recovere (by
> iolo) and File Recover (by PC Tools) but both could not find the
> pictures. My friend HAS been moving folders around though, such as the
> video folder into the documents folder.
>
> I have checked all subfolders of the Documents Folder and still no luck

Hi,

If you think the files have somehow been lost , rather than deleted,
you might try a disk space explorer to locate them.

There is one included in the free version of glaryutilities

'Glary Utilities' (http://www.glarysoft.com/gu.html?tag=download)

Open the Disk Analysis module, Scan the drive ( C , probably ?)
When the scan has completed, click on C in the top left window to
select it.

Then , in the top right window, scroll down to the filetype you are
looking for ( jpeg?) - click on it to select it.

All the jpegs will appear in the window below. Scroll down to locate a
"lost" one, - click on it and the location should appear in the bottom
border.

If not, right click and select Open. It will open in Photo Gallery ( or
whatever is the default picture viewer ).Then right click , select
properties and find the file location.

8159

Hope it helps

SIW2

|Filename: DISKANALYSIS2008-11-28_004917.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...achmentid=8159 |

SIW2