Two questions about Windows DVD Maker

Stumped_Again is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Two questions about Windows DVD Maker
Hi,

Hope i'm in the right forum to ask this question.

I have made a slideshow with Windows Movie Maker & am now trying to make the DVD in Windows DVD Maker, & i'm running into one problem after the other!

Firstly, i have put my audio to the menu screen, however it only plays for 10 seconds & sounds really bad because it cuts off midway through a note & then replays..... doesn't even wait for it to be at a point where it wouldn't sound as bad!

I've done a bit of reading on other people's posts & from what i can gather, this can't be changed because the creator of the DVD Maker assumes people would have pressed play within that timeframe! Does anyone have any other ideas? I sooo want it to play for 30 seconds before repeating because it sounds horrible & badly done the way it is at the moment!

My other problem is that i have chosen the "Rolling hills" template which has 3 clouds which show images, however for some reason if i choose an image myself, it just puts that 1 photo in all 3 clouds. So i tried using the slideshow images & it just chooses them itself (which makes them all different which is fiine), however one of them is a picture of the credits at the end which looks terrible on the menu screen.

Has anyone had experience with this particular template & know how to change this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just to add, when i go into customise..... there is no option to select the browse button for background??? Only lets me choose for foreground???

So frustrating...... thought it would be easier than this! I'm trying to get this done for my daughters 1st birthday on Saturday & all it's giving me is grief

Thankyou in advance for any help.

Last edited by Stumped_Again : 11-26-2008 at 05:02.
oscar

RE: Two questions about Windows DVD Maker
Transporting the output of Movie Maker to DVD Maker can cause unexpected
problems. For the least hassle, if your project consists of pics, movie clips
and music then use Movie Maker to construct the project and burn to DVD. For
making a slide show presentation with pics and music, use DVD Maker to
construct the project and burn to disc. Explore the options of each software
package. You’ll find the two have their limitations, but for quick, easy home
projects they get the basic job done.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...