Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Photo Gallery won't load

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
tathraman
 

Posts: n/a
Photo Gallery won't load

When I click on a folder in my Pictures folder, I get this error
message: You can't add this location to the Gallery. This folder or one
of its parent folders is considered a system folder or marked as hidden.
It's recommended that you move your pictures to the pictures folder or
to another folder."|
And whatever I do, I can't get any pictures into PG. I'd really
appreciate some assistance with this.
[image:
file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg][image:
file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg]


--
tathraman
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load
tathraman wrote:
> When I click on a folder in my Pictures folder, I get this error
> message: You can't add this location to the Gallery. This folder or
> one of its parent folders is considered a system folder or marked as
> hidden. It's recommended that you move your pictures to the pictures
> folder or to another folder."|
> And whatever I do, I can't get any pictures into PG. I'd really
> appreciate some assistance with this.
> [image:
> file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg][image:
> file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg]

==================================
I'm thinking we need more info/details.

Are you trying to add pictures from your temp
folder to Photo Gallery?

Have you copied the files to a folder in your
Pictures folder?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re:*More* Photo Gallery won't load
Also...have a look at the following article:

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
========================
> tathraman wrote:
>> When I click on a folder in my Pictures folder, I get this error
>> message: You can't add this location to the Gallery. This folder or
>> one of its parent folders is considered a system folder or marked as
>> hidden. It's recommended that you move your pictures to the pictures
>> folder or to another folder."|
>> And whatever I do, I can't get any pictures into PG. I'd really
>> appreciate some assistance with this.
>> [image:
>> file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg][image:
>> file:///C:/Users/DAVIDA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg]

> ==================================
> I'm thinking we need more info/details.
>
> Are you trying to add pictures from your temp
> folder to Photo Gallery?
>
> Have you copied the files to a folder in your
> Pictures folder?





Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
tathraman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load

Yes, I've tried copying files - but PG resolutely refuses to load
anything from Pictures. I'm about to give up on it and use another
program.


--
tathraman
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-25-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load
tathraman wrote:
> Yes, I've tried copying files - but PG resolutely refuses to load
> anything from Pictures. I'm about to give up on it and use another
> program.

============================
Did you try renaming yoru .pd4 file?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
tathraman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load

No results searching for .pd4. I don't have Live PG


--
tathraman
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load
tathraman wrote:
> No results searching for .pd4. I don't have Live PG

=======================================
Photo Gallery and Photo Gallery Live both have
the .pd4 file. The following article explains how
to find and rename it.

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
Windows Photo Gallery\Pictures.pd4

The file can also be found with an Advanced
Search for pd4.

Go to...Start / Search / Advanced Search.

Check the box..."Include non-indexed, hidden,
and system files" Enter pd4 in the Name field

Renaming or deleting the .pd4 file should
clean up your Photo Gallery.

Try renaming it... Pictures.OLD
If you are unhappy with the results...you can
try changing it back to Pictures.pd4.

Good luck.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-12-2009
browniebodrum
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery won't load

I am having exactly the same problem as tathraman but renaming the pd4 file
did not work. Any other suggestions?



"John Inzer" wrote:

> tathraman wrote:
> > No results searching for .pd4. I don't have Live PG

> =======================================
> Photo Gallery and Photo Gallery Live both have
> the .pd4 file. The following article explains how
> to find and rename it.
>
> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> responding or will not start
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us
>
> C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
> Windows Photo Gallery\Pictures.pd4
>
> The file can also be found with an Advanced
> Search for pd4.
>
> Go to...Start / Search / Advanced Search.
>
> Check the box..."Include non-indexed, hidden,
> and system files" Enter pd4 in the Name field
>
> Renaming or deleting the .pd4 file should
> clean up your Photo Gallery.
>
> Try renaming it... Pictures.OLD
> If you are unhappy with the results...you can
> try changing it back to Pictures.pd4.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Gallery won't load tathraman microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 11-11-2007 05:01
Article ID: 928571 When you make changes to a file that is located on a SAMBA-based, network-attached storage device, the changes do not appear in Windows Photo Gallery or Windows Live Photo Gallery KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 929465 Updated metadata information in Windows Photo Gallery or in Windows Live Photo Gallery may not appear when you view the file in a different program KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Photo Gallery Fails To Load Photo Jamie D microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 10-09-2007 20:09
Windows Photo Gallery will not load any photos... PLEASE HELP ME! PunkRockStardom microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-29-2007 07:41




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:20.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120