Movie Maker isn't working

missy1462

Movie Maker isn't working

Hello,
I hope someone here can help me. I used to use movie maker when I
had xp, to record my old cassettes to my hdd. I just recently bought
another computer and movie maker isn't working right.
To start recording cassettes after opening Movie Maker, you go to
tools/narrate timeline, but when I do I get the following error message
- "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because the required audio
hardware cannot be found on your computer"
Can anyone help me with this? I'm clueless as to what to do?

--
missy1462
ewastudent

Re: Movie Maker isn't working
Get a mac.
"missy1462" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I hope someone here can help me. I used to use movie maker when I
> had xp, to record my old cassettes to my hdd. I just recently bought
> another computer and movie maker isn't working right.
> To start recording cassettes after opening Movie Maker, you go to
> tools/narrate timeline, but when I do I get the following error message
> - "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because the required audio
> hardware cannot be found on your computer"
> Can anyone help me with this? I'm clueless as to what to do?
>

> --
> missy1462

missy1462

Re: Movie Maker isn't working

Thank you for your answer. It really helped me.

--
missy1462
Wim Hekken ;-)

Re: Movie Maker isn't working
missy1462 schreef:
> Thank you for your answer. It really helped me.

Did you buy a Mac? :-)
--

Wim Hekken ;-)
Carpe Diem
Mary Sauer

Re: Movie Maker isn't working
Might find help here
http://www.papajohn.org/

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"missy1462" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I hope someone here can help me. I used to use movie maker when I
> had xp, to record my old cassettes to my hdd. I just recently bought
> another computer and movie maker isn't working right.
> To start recording cassettes after opening Movie Maker, you go to
> tools/narrate timeline, but when I do I get the following error message
> - "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because the required audio
> hardware cannot be found on your computer"
> Can anyone help me with this? I'm clueless as to what to do?
>

> --
> missy1462

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker isn't working

That indicates to me that Movie Maker isn't detecting any microphone or line
in...

--
Speaking for myself only.