WMP Webpage error

N3

WMP Webpage error
I get the following everytime I click on a video or audio link. the player
refuse to launch.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you
want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page
you want to view.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP Webpage error

What's a sample file type that you have this problem for?

Historically this should mean that the file association has been partially
reset by a third party application. Going to the Set Program Access and
Defaults control panel and unassociating and THEN reassociating to the
player should fix this since that will have the player reset its
associations entries.

--
Speaking for myself only.